BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....I'm new to the forums. Bought my 05 645 about 6 months ago and now....oil leak. I went to a shop (referred to by Lubrico) but they keep telling me next week, next week, next week.

At the end of the day I'm not happy and I need a reliable shop/mechanic preferably someone certified with Lubrico warranty.

For those not familiar with Lubrico its a warrant package sold with used vehicles and apparantly you can only go to there shops.

I see blue smoke when I pull away heavy on the peddle other than that she runs smooth.

Please let me know your thoughts or recommendations.

· Super Moderator
10,325 Posts
It sounds like you might have 2 problems. A oil leak will not cause smoke under heavy acceleration, but the valve seals or ring problems might. It sounds like you have valve seal problems, & this will most likely be an expensive repair. If you have oil leaking on the ground, you most likely have leaking valve cover or timing cover gaskets.

The good thing is that you have a warranty company, even though it sounds like you are getting the run around. Where are you located?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...

Mississauga Ontario.

I have the warranty but I need a shop that will do the work.

If the shop is Lubrico certified than I'm good but I don't know who to go to and who to trust.

· Registered
3,667 Posts
Mississauga Ontario.

I have the warranty but I need a shop that will do the work.

If the shop is Lubrico certified than I'm good but I don't know who to go to and who to trust.
Check with Lubrico if the following shops are certified with them. If not see if you can find a list and forward it to me and I'll try to give you some feedback on who is good. If you want PM me the shop that is giving you the run around too.

RMP Motors - Etobicoke
Bavarian Motors - Markham
Cross Avenue Motors - Oakville

· Registered
2 Posts
McNally Auto (Toro Rd, Finch/Keel area) is great and honest (honest), does lots of BMWs. Had a problem with a broken shock mount, went to the dealer who told me it damaged the frame mount and they wanted $4k to chop the frame and fix. McNally did it all for $320, no chopping required. Parts are stocked or he gets them fast.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback.

I've reached out to both "Bavarian Motors - Markham" and "Cross Avenue Motors - Oakville" and I haven't reached out to "McNally Auto" (had some bad advice regarding them....we'll see I may still pop in).

The best part is..... the original shop I was complaining about.....still hasn't done the work and are now outsourcing it.

As if I was driving a fkin Tempo. Seriously?

-Will update shortly with final experience service etc.-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.