BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me with prices? What is considered reasonable? I am looking for a 2001 or newer 330i with prem pkg, cold pkg, leather seats, XENON, and CD. Preferably with less than 12k miles. Couple of months back TD told me that I should not pay more than $30k for a 2001. I kinda find this hard to believe since I have not found one yet.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
HTS sell this guy your 330 so you can jump into your g35

10chi said:
can anyone help me with prices? What is considered reasonable? I am looking for a 2001 or newer 330i with prem pkg, cold pkg, leather seats, XENON, and CD. Preferably with less than 12k miles. Couple of months back TD told me that I should not pay more than $30k for a 2001. I kinda find this hard to believe since I have not found one yet.
i have no idea about used 330 prices. sorry.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I sold my 2001 330i with PP, Step, CD, Heated and Folding seats to CarMax in March for $32,500. It was early production 2001, so it did not have standard HK or Sports Suspension. I had under 9,000 miles on it. One BMW dealer had offered me $29,000 for trade-in, another $30,000. These prices were WITH a new-car order. Needless to say, I did not take those deals. Even at CarMax's better price, I took a significant hit.

So, I doubt you'd find a 2001 on a dealer lot anywhere for less than, what, a $3,000 to $5,000 markup?

However, through a desparate private sale I'd say you could definitely get something with most, if not all, of your options for around $32,000 no haggle. Maybe a little less if the owner has to dump it.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have everything you're looking for (specifically, I opted not to get the PP, so I don't have leather, but my 'ette is very nice).

I've got an '01 330i 5-speed, black/sand, roof, HK, sports package, CWP, CD in-dash, xenons, power seats, M-wheel, what else? Oh, and I'm up to around 11k miles now. I'm not desperate (can't think of what I'd buy tomorrow if I sold it today), but I could probably be persuaded to let someone steal it from me for around $33k-ish. I think that's fair.

:)

Edit: Oh yeah, I've also got the myrtle wood trim, bmw valve caps (my sales guy threw them in, God bless him), a rubber trunk liner, a couple of oil filters and quarts of BMW oil, floor mats, first-aid kit, emergency triangle).

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Re: Re: Re: HTS sell this guy your 330 so you can jump into your g35

eugeneDC/TX said:

just trying to throw harrison some business. (= haha.
Hee-hee. What's your referral fee, my brudda'?

Hey, I might actually fly down to your neck o' the woods (well, Texas, at least) in order to pick up an Ody for my wife if prices around here don't start falling FAST (even after the expense of a one-way flight, and the return trip home, I figure we'd still save between $750-$1k).

·
Registered
125 Posts
my story

The BMW Dealer had a 01 3301 (approx 12k miles) nicely equipped and he wanted $35k for it...

My BRAND NEW 02 330i cost $37k, so I figured why bother...

The fact is there are DEALs to be found out there, I know a girl who just bought a used 2002 ML320 Mercedes SUV (700 miles) for $23k cash from a guy who was getting divorced...

The thing cost over $40k and he just wanted to dump it and settle up with his soon to be EX...

These deals are few and hard to find, so it depends on the person... (THAT'S YOU!).

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
10chi,

take a peak at this site called: www.swapalease.com

sometimes, there are great deals there with people desperate to get out of a lease on a car with loads of miles left that you can buy at the end.

just a thought.

G

·
10chi said:

Lots of reasons, extra horsepower, newer car, etc
Seriously.

If you told me today that I had to pick one of the following:

A- 2002 330i w/SP 5-spd or 2002 330Ci w/SP 5-spd

or

B- 2000 328i w/SP 5-spd or 2000 328Ci w/SP 5-spd

I'd pick B.

The better steering, and better throttle, IMO, more than make up for the reduced power.

BTW, your "lots of reasons" sounds like only two, horsepower and new for new's sake. That's a good way to be poor.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

BTW, your "lots of reasons" sounds like only two, horsepower and new for new's sake. That's a good way to be poor.
Right. IMO, unless you are really unhappy with the 328, there isn't a reason to upgrade. Doesn't make much sense. Try a Jim C. or Dinan chip for a bit more power at a low price, and no hassle.

btw, TD, non-SP 328Ci or 2002 330Ci SP? :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts