BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking to special order a 2012 535i (imperial blue/oyster black) with M-sport, Premium, Premium sound and Technology package and split fold rear seat. The best price I received on this combo was $57,800 after the navigation credit.

To complicate matters the dealer I am working with offered me a 2011 535xi (space grey/oyster black) with M-sport, active seats, premium, premium 2, sports transmission, split fold rear seat, active cruise control, heads up display, top and side cameras, BMW apps. The MSRP is 74,300 including destination charge. The dealer is willing to let this car go at $65,825.

Clearly the 2011 car has more toys (a good thing), but is quite a bit more compared to the 2012 (bad), color wise I am on the fence with space grey (a negative) as I like the Imperial blue. My question to the forum; Is the 2011 a good enough deal to forego a special order on the 2012?

·
Registered
2021 540xi M Sport / Premium / Driving Assistance Plus / Parking Assistance
547 Posts
If you really want the 2011 you should seek a bigger discount. The car is already depreciated and will lose its value one year faster than the 2012.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, my problem was solved by the dealer selling the car to someone else after I asked for a better deal. I hadn't really thought about ED but will give it some serious consideration.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for the replies, my problem was solved by the dealer selling the car to someone else after I asked for a better deal. I hadn't really thought about ED but will give it some serious consideration.
Check out bmwconfig.com to build your car. ED pricing is one of the pull down menus on the configurator. $1k is added to invoice if you use the finance tab for figuring lease or buy payments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One issue I have with either ED or special order is that I am trading another car as part of the transaction. The dealers are saying that they will value the trade at the time the car arrives (at least in the case of special order). I understand their point but I am trying to make sure that they don't basically screw me on the trade as I will have committed to purchase the new car at that point.

What have other forum members done in this situation? Is it possible to get the dealer to guarantee a trade in range on the trade at future date (assuming no major changes in the car's condition)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.