BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here, wanted to get started with coding, but facing some problems that I was hoping you could help with.

I have a 2012 X3 (F25) that I want to try and code. What I'd like to do for a start is:
- Auto start / stop memory (so it remains off).
- AC circulation memory (so I don't need to set it every journey).
- Enable EBT. (I have a CIC iDrive so apparently I will need to check some stuff to see if I can enable EBT).

And then see where I can go from there. :D

From my reading I determined that I need E-Sys to code Fxx cars. I followed the steps at this thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=983244

And now I have E-Sys 3.27.1 and E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.7.1. I already have an ENET cable. For the record I'm working on a VM hosted off a MacBook Pro, as I do not have a Windows laptop available.

Main problem I'm currently stuck at is that E-Sys Launcher requires an activation code, therefore I can't get started at verifying the connectivity. Tried fresh VMs with Windows installed in US locale and UK locale, still both require activation codes. :dunno:

Can someone help me please? I'm a software developer, so I am already technically astute, but this is a different (and interesting) challenge I hope you could help me with.

·
Premium Member
44,580 Posts
Sorry, but no getting around E-Sys Launcher Activation Code. You must get from Developer TokenMaster, but he has been out of pocket quite a while now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.