BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a copy of TSB 35.01.02 concerning the sticky pedal syndrome? I've had the problem for a while but of course my dealer said they had never heard about it. I just recently located the TSB number but thought an actual copy might be a little more effective.

Appreciate in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Traveler -

I have had the same issues with finding a copy of the Sticky Pedal TSB .... easy to get the summary, but the full TSB is more elusive.

On a previous visit to my local BMW Dealer, the Service Advisor was not aware of the TSB or the Sticky Pedal Syndrome. Before I go back, I would like to have a copy of the TSB. Can you post it on line or email it to me? Thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
JeffWarner said:
Before I go back, I would like to have a copy of the TSB. Can you post it on line or email it to me? Thanks!
SUBJECT
Accelerator Pedal Feels "Notchy" at Times

MODEL
E38 with M62TU produced from 09/99 up to 07/01

E39 with M62 TU produced from 09/99 up to 06/02

E39 with M54 produced from 09/00 up to 06/02

E46 with M54 and S54 produced from 06/00 up to 06/02

E52 Z8, E53 X5, and E65/E66 vehicles from series introduction up to 06/02

SITUATION
Customer may complain of the accelerator pedal feeling "notchy", or not moving smoothly when depressed in small increments. This situation can occur with high ambient temperatures, or if heating is directed towards the foot well area.

NOTE:

Integrity of the PWG "drive-by-wire" system is not being compromised, if such a situation is experienced - pedal movement is not restricted or limited.

CAUSE
Unfavorable friction conditions inside the accelerator pedal, when exposed to higher ambient temperatures (in excess of 140 deg F).

CORRECTION
On a customer complaint basis only, replace the acceleration pedal with an improved part. For replacement instruction refer to RA 35 40 001, which can be found in BMW TIS.

PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity

35 40 6 762 480
Accelerator pedal for: E38, E39, E46, E53

vehicles with automatic transmissions

35 40 6 762 481
Accelerator pedal for: E39, E46, E52, E53

vehicles with manual transmissions

35 40 6 756 720
Pedal adapter plate for E46 up to 05/01

production

35 40 6 756 719
Pedal adapter plate for E38, E39, E52, E53

up to 10/01 production

35 40 6 762 482
Accelerator pedal for E65/E66 vehicles

DUE TO LIMITED PARTS AVAILABILITY, ABOVE LISTED PART NUMBERS SHOULD BE USED ONLY FOR THE TYPE OF COMPLAINT DESCRIBED IN THIS SERVICE INFORMATION BULLETIN, AND NOT FOR STOCK PURPOSES.

TO ORDER UPDATED PARTS: Complete a direct-ship order form WITH VIN and PART NUMBERS and fax it to 201 - 307 - 1892, attention PEDAL UPDATE.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

See KSD for the appropriate warranty, labor operations and labor allowances information.

[ Copyright © 2002 BMW of North America, LLC ]

·
10,856 Posts
Fortunately for me, Ben Chou did all the kicking, yelling and screaming before I even asked. *grins*
Therefore, I had relatively few problems getting all that done.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks Dr. Bimmer for posting that!! :thumbup:

I have an appointment scheduled for next Friday to have mine looked at, this will be great! I think I'll give them a call back tomorrow and ask if they can order the parts ahead of time so I don't have to make a second trip back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.