BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo 3 Series
Related entries: Sedans/Saloons

Pistonheads is saying a 330 bhp turbocharged 3 Series will be a stopgap between the launch of the new 3 Series and the eventual arrival of an M3 in 2007. While we’re always happy to hear about more powerful BMWs, take the story with a grain of salt. The technology sounds like a twin-turbo although the story doesn’t call it that. It says “turbos” plural and one will work at low speeds, the other higher in the rev range. If anyone has more information on the turbo 3 please let us know.

FYI:

·
Registered
438 Posts
AZM3 said:
Turbo 3 Series
Related entries: Sedans/Saloons

Pistonheads is saying a 330 bhp turbocharged 3 Series will be a stopgap between the launch of the new 3 Series and the eventual arrival of an M3 in 2007. While we're always happy to hear about more powerful BMWs, take the story with a grain of salt. The technology sounds like a twin-turbo although the story doesn't call it that. It says "turbos" plural and one will work at low speeds, the other higher in the rev range. If anyone has more information on the turbo 3 please let us know.

FYI:
I guess it would be a 'sequential turbo' setup if they are not identical twins. I'm a purist, but it sounds like a cool car. More choices = good. I'll be eyeing the E90 M3 4.0 V8 though...

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.