BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Turbo?? Supercharge?

2141 Views 32 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  drivinfaster
Hey BF PPL. I just want to know. By Putting a turbo on my 98 323i bimmer is good or bad? I was think about doing during tax season. Let me know if it good or bad..dont want to watse no money if it pointless..
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer App
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
In thinking if you're asking this question.....probably not something you should do.

Mo power, mo problems.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp
Don't bother with your convertible. Get a coupe and turbo it, or supercharge your convertible.
Thanks Karl, couldn't remember the brand name.

The reviews on their web site looked great.
Turbonator.
....electric turbo....

GASP
Oh yeah, it's totally legit. Run two in a row for twice as much power! :lmao:

Thanks Karl, couldn't remember the brand name.

The reviews on their web site looked great.
Yall for real??lol

of course. why do you ask?? :dunno:

df
Yall for real??lol

Hahahaha
Oh yeah, it's totally legit. Run two in a row for twice as much power! :lmao:

I think what the boys are trying to say is start with the basics like CAI, cat back, chocolate chip, brakes and a go through of your coolant system. Not doing this and adding a turbo right away would be like going sharking with a twig and some twine. Build it up or blow it up.
Ya'll some trolls lol...

I like my AA S/C'ed 325IS. It's pretty chill until higher rpms (4.5k and above). Gas mileage is on par with the original factory estimate, until you put your foot into it. Makes a good noise and makes decent power. 300whp+ on 93 octane for $5k...can't ask for much more.
Yeah i know about tuning it up. Before all that..**** it.i will supercharge it!!

For real bro, what's your goal? Just better street drivability and power? Or bragging rights for lots of power?

Before you do anything, there's a lot of maintenance you'll need to do first. Make sure all your cooling system is in great shape and replace any of it that hasn't been done recently. Do a compression check and replace any leaking gaskets and seals.

Yes yes. I just recently did the whole cooling system. But i will need to buy the high performance waterpump. Rebuilt my whole drive shaft and replaced the flex disc like a month ago. And bye bye AC..lol. I am doing little step at a time. So bare with me guys. But i dont know how to DIY Setup superchargers..FML..

My goals is to eat alive them jdm Mutherfocker and america muscle out here in Phiadelphia..with a sleeper look.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.