BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ..
just wondering if anyone installed the splite second Turbo Tuner for their 335 ??
how's the perfomance gain ?? compare to the stock one ??
will the BMW detect it ?? since it's a plug and play device
thinking to purchase one for my 335
anyone ?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
107 Posts
You ever heard the saying "Gotta Pay to Play".

If you can afford to ruin your warranty; its fine. iirc there is a GB on it or maybe its ended somewhere. (google is your friend).

I could probably arrange a GB for folks at cost since I am/was a SS dealer. Perhaps i'd do it for a limited number of folks at whatever the best price break point. As in it would cost me money to sell it due to all the time and effort and I do not sell these normally nor any other car parts. Just thought it might be nice thing to do.

It's alot cheaper than dinan which is $1400 with buddy who works there discount; but $1400 buys you a semi-warranty from what i read.

thats a grand split on warranty status man.

·
Registered
882 Posts
There has been extensive discussion about the SSTT on this forum and on e90post.com in the forced induction section. To answer your questions directly, with no moral judgment...

So far thousands of people have installed the Split Second Turbo Tuner.

I personally put one in a friend's 335i a couple of weeks ago. The performance increase was unbelievable. You need to let the computer adapt for a day or so and then...WOW!!! Expect approximately a 40 hp, 40 lb/ft torque increase (give or take).

The main distributor for this device, [email protected] tells us that he connected both a 135i and 335i to a dealership's diagnostic computer and the device was 100% invisible. However the unit is visually detectable so it is best to remove it for trips to the dealer.

That is one of the main benefits of the SSTT...it is EASILY removable (<1 minute). Once removed it leaves NO physical trace behind. With the piggyback units, there is residual evidence of their existence like glitched bolts, tape on wires, spliced wires, etc...

Just beware that if anything happens and the manufacturer does discover that you had this device on your car your BMW powertrain warranty would be in jeopardy. That statement applies to ANY aftermarket tune. Be prepared to accept that risk.

Eurobahn has a sale going on right now for $530. That includes shipping anywhere in the US, but your shipping costs may be higher.

This is an excellent addition to the car. Plus there is a 7 day return policy. Try it...if you don't like it you can return it and get your money back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There has been extensive discussion about the SSTT on this forum and on e90post.com in the forced induction section. To answer your questions directly, with no moral judgment...

So far thousands of people have installed the Split Second Turbo Tuner.

I personally put one in a friend's 335i a couple of weeks ago. The performance increase was unbelievable. You need to let the computer adapt for a day or so and then...WOW!!! Expect approximately a 40 hp, 40 lb/ft torque increase (give or take).

The main distributor for this device, [email protected] tells us that he connected both a 135i and 335i to a dealership's diagnostic computer and the device was 100% invisible. However the unit is visually detectable so it is best to remove it for trips to the dealer.

That is one of the main benefits of the SSTT...it is EASILY removable (<1 minute). Once removed it leaves NO physical trace behind. With the piggyback units, there is residual evidence of their existence like glitched bolts, tape on wires, spliced wires, etc...

All true but I'll bet that the average removal time is a lot more than one minute.

Just beware that if anything happens and the manufacturer does discover that you had this device on your car your BMW powertrain warranty would be in jeopardy. That statement applies to ANY aftermarket tune. Be prepared to accept that risk.

Eurobahn has a sale going on right now for $530. That includes shipping anywhere in the US, but your shipping costs may be higher.

This is an excellent addition to the car. Plus there is a 7 day return policy. Try it...if you don't like it you can return it and get your money back.
This is all true except the SSTT removal time is greater than one minute. At first it may take 15-30 minutes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have v81 DME and 29.2 Programn. I trust Jeff when he says it doesn't leave any traces...just uninstall it before you take it in for service! (Duh!)

And it takes about 2 minutes to install/uninstall after you figure out where the sensor is and the easiest way to unplug it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha thanks a lot guys ..

just try to have some advice before i purchase mine @@
so i decided to go on the forum and see what others have to say abt this device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts