Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 750li that I never drive and quite frankly doesn***8217;t have great resale value. Rather than selling I***8217;ve been thinking about keeping it and putting some money into performance mods. Is there good options to turn this engine into an absolute beast?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,489 Posts
NO. BMW got it twisted about as tight as it can be and reliable too.

·
Super Moderator
1,049 Posts
LOL, nope I think Doug said it right. BMW got that engine as wound up as possible and got that engine as reliable as possible... unfortunately, that equates to NOT reliable in light of how wound up they got it.

I really wish BMW would STOP doing this thing where they build and engine, then rather than track down and repair/redesign faulty parts to make that engine better, they just sort of go back to the drawing board and build a new one... pretty much... which then has a whole bunch of new issues. This is the same for ALL their engines. 4, 6, 8. UGH.

Take the 3.5L V6 that Lexus/Toyota's been using for over 14 years, it's got 306-311hp depending on the year... some people say that they keep using the same engine and should up the power.. but that engine has ZERO issues. ZERO. I'd honestly rather have that than the latest/greatest forced induction doohickey that's just going to fail after 50k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts