BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

I brought in my 02 745i to local dealer to haveteh following very usable features turned on. Really don't know why BMW has them disabled by default. The dealer do chargeme $150,- for that and will have my car for couple days.

• Steering wheel auto-tilt-up when remove fob
• Automatic lock 4 doors when drive sped 2.5 mile and up
• Unlock 4 doors when car stop and fob removed
• Daytime running lights

:clap:

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
LouisBMW said:
FYI

• Unlock 4 doors when car stop and fob removed
This is a security issue to me. I dont want the doors unlocked unless I unlock them myself.

And DRLs are useless.

·
Peter
272 Posts
Hmm, everything you listed was already turned on in my car.

·
Caretaker for "The Boss"
124 Posts
LouisBMW said:
FYI

The dealer do chargeme $150,- for that and will have my car for couple days.

:clap:
Why do they need it for a few days??? to justify the 150$ ??

The programming change takes 5-10 minutes max!

·
BMW 7 Series Obsessed
345 Posts
thrillhill said:
Why do they need it for a few days??? to justify the 150$ ??

The programming change takes 5-10 minutes max!
I'll second that. When I brought my new to me 2004 745 to my local dealer (did not purchase from them) they charged me $45 to program three things into the key fob: auto lock doors on driving, auto unlock on park- driver's only, and memorize seat/wheel posotion for each key fob so that unlocking with that fob returns seat to that key's position.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.

I got my car back the next day. You right, they probably gept it overnight to justify the $155.- (when I saw the invoice, it's $155.- not $150.- the rep originally quote). I asked they why charge that much, and they said if I bought the car from them, iot will be free.

Well, the good thing is I have all the features I want now.

·
Caretaker for "The Boss"
124 Posts
For what it's worth, Louis, My dealer does the first one free. If you change your mind and want something changed a differnet way, they charge you for that one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thrillhill said:
For what it's worth, Louis, My dealer does the first one free. If you change your mind and want something changed a differnet way, they charge you for that one.
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts