BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front right turn signal indicator went out. The old bulb is aftermarket with a metallic coating. Importantly, the pins are offset. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? The dealer couldn't help me and neither could Autozone or any other auto parts store. :mad:

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
MichDeac24 said:
My front right turn signal indicator went out. The old bulb is aftermarket with a metallic coating. Importantly, the pins are offset. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? The dealer couldn't help me and neither could Autozone or any other auto parts store. :mad:
I don't fully understand.
1. The BMW dealer cannot help you with a bulb?
2. Old bulb is aftermarket. Can you get an OEM bulb?
3. Pins are offset? to fit the OEM socket?
:dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Get another matching aftermarket bulb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BMW dealer could not help me with the bulb. The pins need to be offset to fit the socket. The only bulb the BMW dealer sold was an amber bulb. The bulb that I have has a metallic coating so that it does not appear amber/orange unless it is lit up. BMW did not sell this type of bulb. I've gone to several AutoZones and none of them can help me.

Surely someone on this board knows where I can get one of the bulbs.

·
Adolescent On-Call
3,262 Posts
So, you have an aftemarket socket, too, and you need aftermarket bulbs. Try one of this sites sponsors - I'm sure one will carry these bulbs.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The offset sockets (PY21W) are stock sockets that come on clears so that in theory only amber bulbs fit. BMW DOES now have 'silvervision' bulbs that fit this, but it's probably easier to get aftermarkets.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Doesn't the Fest have one sponsor (Stealth Auto) that started out ONLY selling this bulb?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, you guys are really helpful! Thanks! Does anyone know of a cheaper site than m3motorwerks. A full kit is $75 for these bulbs. I'll pay that much but if anyone knows of a better deal, I'd like to know of it.

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure that my socket is OEM. The BMW guy even inspected it and said as much after originally thinking that I had aftermarket.

Thanks again!

·
I shift my own gears!
299 Posts
MichDeac24 said:
Do a search for "silvervisions".

I THINK thats what those metallic bulbs are called. You can also take the OE style bulb from autozone and spray it silver. I never did that but heard people have success.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts