BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2018 X2 and need to replace a rear turn signal. The manual says to use a P21WLL bulb which also seems to be called a P21W (in the US anyways).

I see the P21W at some retailers (IE: Pep Boys) but the places like Autozone, O'Reilly's, WalMart, etc don't carry it. Instead their systems say my car uses a 7506. The bulbs look the same though. The 7506/1073 bulb they carry says 12V 21W on it which seems to match the specs of the P21W. I'm not going to risk screwing up my car on a $5 or $10 two pack of light bulbs so figured I would throw it out here and see if anyone knew. Is the P21W name something more commonly used in the non US market and the US market uses 7506 by chance and they are in fact the same exact bulb or are there differences? I've googled and can't find comparisons on these two specific bulbs side by side.

Here are the pictures of a 7506 bulb I found at WalMart for reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing the other numbers are original ones Pepboys might have it like that but same difference I wouldn***8217;t worry about it I***8217;m a commercial sales manager for AUTOZONE and nothing going to happen to your car because a bulb your going to be ok and if when you go into AUTOZONE or wherever your going they look it up veichle specific and if looks the same probably same and that***8217;s interchangeable with other numbers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.