1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What was his speed, warp 10? :dunno:

I don't really get how he did that.

·
10,856 Posts
Seriously... It's not like the 2.5 tends to whip the tail about...

·
Registered
595 Posts
makes one wonder how many e30s were trashed in similar fashion in the 1980s by young'uns given the cars as presents.......(no DSC whatsoever and way less forgiving car).

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
How in the hell did that happen? Bizarre, yet stupid.

T

·
0 Posts
blackdawg said:
makes one wonder how many e30s were trashed in similar fashion in the 1980s by young'uns given the cars as presents.......(no DSC whatsoever and way less forgiving car).
That applies to me and my '91 E30. I did a lot of learning on that car. I also spun a lot in bad weather. Amazing I'm still around.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TD said:

That applies to me and my '91 E30. I did a lot of learning on that car. I also spun a lot in bad weather. Amazing I'm still around.
Really?

Maybe E30s tend to get sideways more than E28s. I learned on a 533i. Could get it waaay sideways in the wet.

The only car that I have spun is my 328Ci :dunno:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Really?

Maybe E30s tend to get sideways more than E28s. I learned on a 533i. Could get it waaay sideways in the wet.

Forgetting power oversteer (primarily becuase it didn't have any power), my E30 318i was a handful in bad weather if I had any speed. Not as bad in the snow as, say, an '86 Mustang GT or 87 Corvette, but then there was the massive torque and godawful gatorback tires.

T

·
0 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Really?

The rear ALWAYS wanted to get up front in non-optimal traction conditions. The goal was to keep the front wheels in front of the rear. Wherever the rear went, I had to correct to keep the fronts in front.

Mostly I'm talking snow here. But I could flick the tail out at will in rain.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Forgetting power oversteer (primarily becuase it didn't have any power), my E30 318i was a handful in bad weather if I had any speed. Not as bad in the snow as, say, an '86 Mustang GT or 87 Corvette, but then there was the massive torque and godawful gatorback tires.
yea, the 533i always lost rear traction. I agree with TD, any non-optimal situation, the rear came out. I dunno about the E30, only driven it in the dry. Never spun the 533

It had plenty of power oversteer from the big I-6

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
WARNING: OLD FART COMMENTING!

Is it just me, or does anyone else look at these little brats and get sick?

They seem so unfazed by having caused thousands of $$/pounds damage to an expensive car -- probably because Daddy bought it for them, so they have little to no concept of appreciating value.

What infantile morons. I'm thankful nobody was seriously injured. However, I hope they soiled their diapers good.

Dave

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: WARNING: OLD FART COMMENTING!

dwallersv said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else look at these little brats and get sick? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's not just you. I think most people would be quite sickened after trashing their baby like that. It may be safe to say the driver hardly came out of his pocket for this car.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Or he was high :dunno:

Heck, I didn't pay for my 325i. But every time I curb-rush my rim I hurt myself :eeps:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
OUCH!

that is probably the only case where more damage is inflicted to the car post 'accident'.

BTW those rims look sweet!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where is it?

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the pictures were taken. I can't quite read the lettering on the sign at the side of the road, but painted on the road are "A19 SELBY" and "A61 LEEDS HGATE". Okay, "HGATE" is "Harrogate", which is on the A61 and is north of Leeds.

My maps don't show any intersection point for the A19 and A61... Doncaster, maybe?

It's like an itch you can't scratch.

Edit: actually, looking at it further, the (literal) skidmark picture has a readable sign (once I scroll across to see it), giving drivers the choice of A64 to Leeds, A59 to Harrogate, or A19 to Selby. So the picture was probably taken in York.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
ChrisTO said:
OUCH!
BTW those rims look sweet!
Yeah, those are 525i's sport package rims. I dig them :D

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Hey rost, out of curiosity...what is the significance of your sig pic??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts