BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SPF 100 Protection
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use this product, it's called tire wax, I'm guessing its just a gel, you put it on with an applicator, the box says it will not spray off of your tires, which is what I need, anyone know if it really does hold? Thanks

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
I prefer Mequiar's Endurance tire gel.

·
SPF 100 Protection
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pinecone said:
I prefer Mequiar's Endurance tire gel.
Where do you buy it from, I have looked around at a few auto parts stores but cannot seem to find it.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
tgravo2 said:
Where do you buy it from, I have looked around at a few auto parts stores but cannot seem to find it.
Walmart. :p

Or AutoZone or Pep Boys.

Or online from Mequiar's themselves. :thumbup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Pinecone said:
Walmart. :p

Or AutoZone or Pep Boys.

Or online from Mequiar's themselves. :thumbup:
Gotta try it. I've been using a spray on product by Castrol ( I like a lot of their stuff ). It shines like crazy and lasts sometime, but requires that you spray it on and wait at least 10-20 minutes. I think I got too crazy with it, and it started throwing a little black [email protected] on my car, too.

I'll check out the Meguiars next.

LC

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's Endurance as well. I'm not thrilled with it personally. It lasts a week at best for me. I used to get best results with STP 'Son of a Gun'. Lame name, but that stuff was great. I can't find it anymore, and I heard they stopped making it. I have tried at least a dozen products since (literally) and none of them come close. :(

I think part of the problem may be the Contis. All of those groves make for lots of sling, not to mention the collection of grime and brake dust. Can't wait to get rid of them!

--SONET

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
My solution to product slinging and brown sidewalls is to use nothing.

I've found that if you consistently do absolutely nothing but spray the tires down when washing the rest of the car, they stay amazingly clean (but not shiny).

My tires have no streaks from driving in the rain or puddles, wheel cleaner residue, or anything.

This shot was taken 5000mi ago soon after I bought them. I just took this same one off to weigh it an hour ago and it actually looks cleaner now.

·
racer wannabe
3,311 Posts
Tire Wax is not bad, it will not sling off that easily when left to dry, but if you like very shiny looking tires check out Turtle Wax Tire Gel (fluorescent green bottle). Check out this thread for the way that stuff looks like:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17949

I'm sure Bill97Z will comment on this stuff.

I'm like Kaz in that I like natural looking rubber. To do this I try to keep my tires clean - use wheel cleaner like new Eagle One's A2Z or P21S gel and put some 303 Aerospace Protectant or EO's Protectant (interior stuff).

BTW Kaz, how do you like those Yokohamas? They are fairly new and there is not much info on them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts