BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) This car is going to get me in trouble with the Law. :eeps:
2) My gas mileage sucks! :dunno:

I'm sure #2 is directly related to #1, as I can't seem to keel my foot off of the floor?! This thing is WAY too much fun to drive.

-- Kelly

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
2) My gas mileage sucks!: dunno:

I'm sure #2 is directly related to #1, as I can't seem to keep my foot off of the floor?! This thing is WAY too much fun to drive.

-- Kelly
:rofl: Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah but just think of all the fun your going to have. :)

On side note seems to be more and more people with issues on MPG with the 550i then I've ever seen with the 545i. New motor must really eat it up when driven harder.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
2) My gas mileage sucks! :dunno:

I'm sure #2 is directly related to #1, as I can't seem to keel my foot off of the floor?! This thing is WAY too much fun to drive.

-- Kelly
Get yourself a V1 pronto!

·
Banned
2,928 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure what kind of mileage I'm getting yet (only had it 10 days) but I'll start keeping track. I just seems like I have to fill-up alot. The feeling is partly due to the fact that I just traded an X5 on this car, and it had a bigger tank. I had the V8 too. I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems...

-- Kelly

·
E60 to E90 to E92
148 Posts
I loved the mileage on my old 550 6-speed. Stomping on the gas gave me about 16-18 city / 22-24 hwy. Taking it easy and calm ... 18-19 city / 25-27 hwy. That's awesome mileage compared to what I'm getting now ... 10-11 city / 17-18 hwy. Plus I'm now visiting Chevron every 2-3 days (vs. every 6-7 days).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took a 200-mile highway trip on Friday, and (according to the OBC) got 26.7 MPG. My combined mileage for all driving in the first 1,500 miles since I got the car is 16.3. That seems pretty good, actually...

-- Kelly

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with you about #1, and have bought a good radar/laser detector to help with this. I am overall not unhappy with my gas mileage however. My '08 550 is averaging just over 18 mph since I picked it up, and I am just under 10,000 miles now. This includes European Delivery with several runs at the govenor (sp?) on the autobahn, several spirited runs between Dallas and Oklahoma City, a total of three hours of track time at Texas Motor Speedway, and in general a heavy foot. This beats the heck out of my previous cars: a '67 Chevy Impala (my first car), a '96 Impala SS, and an '04 Mercury Maruader; while being much more fun to drive. Congrats on your ride!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Two weeks old and got 27MPG from St Louis to Atlanta and back ... avg speed of over 65MPH.

Thought she did pretty good. It's about the same as the C5 I just sold, but MUCH more comfortable.

later,

·
Registered
562 Posts
My driving style in the new 550i with only 4K on it thusfar, is probably in the middle. I've been driving enthusiastically the past month or so, but was tempered by break-in prior to that. With the SAT I always drive in either S or M mode.... M when the road conditions present the opportunity, otherwise S. My mileage is 19.9mpg with an average of 35 mph during the last month. Buy premium unleaded from Shell or Chevron.

Cal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts