BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still sort of a noob....There are two things on the dashboard that I was curious about. They are both in between the speedometer and tachometer. One looks like two cars that are staggard. The other is an up arrow. What do these mean?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Whit540i6 said:
Still sort of a noob....There are two things on the dashboard that I was curious about. They are both in between the speedometer and tachometer. One looks like two cars that are staggard. The other is an up arrow. What do these mean?
It's an attribute of the newer cluster, i know that much! When i got my cluster replaced by teh dealer, the new one had those. I can't remember what the old one looked like now. I believe the up arrow is a shift light, i think they used it in some markets. The 2 cars, i have no idea, could be PDC, or radar cruise maybe?

·
Registered
241 Posts
A pic will really help, besides we all have different dashboard. I have the alphanumeric one, so i dont have the car symbols.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I suggest you refer to your owners manual. It's amazing what sorts of information you can attain from the Manual.

·
Registered
133 Posts
With all due respect sir/madam, I suggest you go over the manual again. The more you read the manual the more info you get out of it. As much as I've read the manual I always have to refer to it .

Please dont take it as a slight. I'm just offering some friendly advice.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
He's right, its not in the owner's manual (checked online). But I've seen these symbols somewhere..........

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's positively not in the manual anywhere.
I've wondered for a long time what those two lights are for, particularly the "staggered car" light. In any case they're obviously not used on US-spec sedans, but I'd be curious to know what they're for all the same.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Need a pic. If someone posts then I can ask on German E39 forums.

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,697 Posts
Whit540i6 said:
Here is a pic of the dash. They are located on either side of the DSC light, in between the tach and speedo
They use the same cluster on Euro cars, iT's, and X5's with load leveling suspensions. These indicators are for those cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Did you ever find out what this 2 cars queuing symbol on the dash means?
It has just lit up on my dash and there is no explination in the manual at all.

Thanks

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
I cant believe no one knows what the symbol is. #2 was right somewhat
ESPECIALLY QSILVER, where are you? lol

Its the dynamic cruise control. Radar control, etc.
You get behind someone and press the cruise control and it remembers the distance between you and that car.
It slows down, you slow down. Someone cuts in the lane, you immediately slow down.

I dont know which models received that feature.
Im not sure what the light to the right of the DSC light is.
Im googling it right now

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
That is the sickest feature, what models have that?
I dont know what models have it except for its an option on all the new bimmers

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
<--active cruise control.

I always thought the other one was to tell you to upshift like the older VWs***8230;maybe that's it? It could also be some cryptic warning about the air suspension.

·
Ich bin ein Berliner
214 Posts
I wish I could have that option. I couldn't imagine the price for it back then, when it is $1,500 now.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The up arrow is for touring cars only, if that light turns on, your rear suspension has failed.

And active cruise was only on euro cars back then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts