BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I choose the M5. Did ok, 2-3 seconds off the top E46 M3 on R-compounds. In a night run, I ran with 4 people in the car. Got a 55.3 or so, fastest I had was 54.4, so that was a good run. the passengers got a lesson is weight transfer. Car was probably near 5000 lbs then. Handled great! Also drove an AMG E55, BMW has nothing to worry about with that car :p

Lesson 1, foglights are easy to break, especially on M cars. First time that I had broken one, but it is common. All the M5s at the Performance Center have busted fogs

Attachments

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Two, when the OBC is reading 107 F for your first run, the tires are likely to give some funky readings. After I burned the sidewall bad, I had to let some out. I lost 5 psi between the afternoon 100+ and the evening 80s (after a close storm cooled things down)

Attachments

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most common BMW of the day was the E46 M3. Maybe 5 out there. Look great going around, espcially the one on 265 V700s. The transitions look almost perfect, but the car is much more at home on a road course, per owner.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, it was interesting to run the course with full load of 4 people :)

Got a great time that run, on par with an E46 M3 next to me with street tires too :)

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris330ci said:
You need this...

I don't think that would have done anything...

The tape is used to prevent rock chips, not damage from hitting a cone at 50+. The foglight lens is THICK. I have seen an M5 lens off the car, it is huge and VERY think. I believe the list is ~$110

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I don't think that would have done anything...

The tape is used to prevent rock chips, not damage from hitting a cone at 50+. The foglight lens is THICK. I have seen an M5 lens off the car, it is huge and VERY think. I believe the list is ~$110
Good point. Cones are not good for cars. I have a cracked fog light lens due to rocks. :mad: I will be taping my fogs and headlights at the track from now on. :banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts