Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys.... I have two questions that maybe some of you can help me answer..
#1. I do suffer from that sticky acceleration pedal syndrome. I ran a search and couldn't come up with a part # to fix this? Could someone help me find that part number? I know my dealer probably won't know what the hell I am talking about so if I present a part number, it will help them. Also, is this an offical BMW silent recall?
#2. My car came with the alignmnet and steering off center from the factory. I gave the dealership and opportunity to fix it. They over corrected and now it pulls to the other side and the wheel is still off center. Are they going to tell me that I have to pay for an alignment? I have noticed on some previous threads that people have to pay for it because it's considered a wear and tear thing. In addition, I hesitate to keep having this thing alligned because I have heard somewhere that doing this alignment process repeatedly can cause it to go out of alignement as you drive. Thanks you guys! I appreciate the assistance. -Cliff:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm not sure on ? #1, but I believe the alignment warranty is something like 1200 miles, I would get it back to the dealer asap. Alignments are also covered under warranty if the car needs parts like new control arms or something of that nature. You may not have to worry at all if your dealer is pretty cool and takes good care of you. Keep us posted and best of luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Cliff330i said:
I gave the dealership and opportunity to fix it. They over corrected and now it pulls to the other side and the wheel is still off center. Are they going to tell me that I have to pay for an alignment? I have noticed on some previous threads that people have to pay for it because it's considered a wear and tear thing. In addition, I hesitate to keep having this thing alligned because I have heard somewhere that doing this alignment process repeatedly can cause it to go out of alignement as you drive.
ANother victim to the alignment issue. :thumbdwn: (to bimmer)

I had much experience with this and I have to ask you first, what do you mean they "over corrected" it? You mean they over aligned it or something or how did they over fix it?

You do not have to pay for anything, they will have to resolve your issue. First they will do the tire pressure BS and then give you a run around on how it doesn't need alignment. If you have nice wheels(and the dealer service dept. sucks) they will scratch your rims - it happened to me.

Also, you have to consider how bad the pull is because if you have large diameter wheels and tires they will tend to follow the grooves on road surfaces.

ANother thing to check lastly is the mount and balance of the tires - some cases require the tires to be rebalanced on the wheel.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Yes, I mean that when I brought the car to the dealer, they over corrected when re-alligning and now the wheel is off center in the other direction. I believe that having the wheel off center is a different issue from the car pulling to one side or another. To tell you the truth, it's hard to pick up the car pulling to one side because like you stated, the large wheels follow the road curve. But, the wheel is off center for sure. Yes, they did give me the run around. Once I got my car back and all they did was boost the tire pressue on one side of the car!! Ugh.. frustrating..:mad:

·
Registered
538 Posts
i'm sorry, the off-center issue is something new to me... can you elaborate or load some pics? Do you mean one wheel is slightly turned one way when you have the steering straight?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts