BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I treated my car to the holidays with a first aid kit that goes in the trunk tool compartment and a trunk mat. :D

If you have not gotten one, I highly recommend the BMW rubber/molded trunk mat. It is awesome and his a 1" lip (for spills/moisture) and an anti-slip surface so nothing moves around. It was great throwing my wet golf clubs in the trunk with no issue.

So far I have the trunk mat, first aid kit, iPhone Media cradle, and DVDinMotion. :thumbup:

Next on the list...
Auto-folding mirror coding
Dinan Stage 1/2
Coilovers
Big beefy tires and forged wheels. :drive:

(I have no idea why the Sport and M Sport tires/wheels are so puny on a 5 series. :dunno: Nothing like the 6 series tire/wheel package. Will the M5 actually get larger tires/wheels?)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
(I have no idea why the Sport and M Sport tires/wheels are so puny on a 5 series. :dunno: Nothing like the 6 series tire/wheel package. Will the M5 actually get larger tires/wheels?)
Small? 275/35/19 on the rear are huge. Look on the forum, repeated posts about bent rims and busted RFT tires on the 20 inch staggered set ups. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Small? 275/35/19 on the rear are huge. Look on the forum, repeated posts about bent rims and busted RFT tires on the 20 inch staggered set ups. Buyer beware.
I was referring to how narrow they are. I think they were wider on the E60.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Big beefy tires and forged wheels. :drive:
This may be contrary to popular opinion, but if you go with 18" wheels, your tires will have a beefier look and the wheels will be lighter too. I have 18" wheels for my winter set-up and I like the look. ;)

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
So if I put a supermarket bag with 6 oranges inside, tied off at the top. You're saying they wouldn't slide around the trunk? What about a ballistic nylon tumi briefcase?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.