BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question for the group. I've got a set of pilot alpins mounted on type 44's that I am using now for a second winter season. This season I have been to the place where I purchased and mounted the tires three separate times to have them redo the bead seals on three of the tires. I'm going back again in a couple hours to have them work on one again. Has anyone had any issues with type 44's and seals or do these guys (Tire Kingdom, don't know if that's a national chain or not) just not know how to mount tires?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Isn't there some kind of goop they put on the rims to help keep the seal? I saw the local place I use brush something on....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's called bead seal. They've been using it, maybe not correctly, but they've been using it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If you're talking about http://www.tirekingdom.com then yes they are in many places. Actually, the company was started here in Florida by Chuck Curcio who lives only 15 minutes from me. I have been using them since my first car without any problems at all. You may have a defective seal edge on the tire. As far as the stuff they brush on, I have always known that to be water and used to wet and clean the seal edge so that it seals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts