BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't feel good about the run flat tyres on my car. I have done about 20k and it's become too noisy as well.
Anyone recommendation for the 20 inch tyres? Anyone changed these yet?

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Michelin Pilots or Pirelli PZeros would be my options.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Pzeros are one of my favorite tires. Quiet, smooth and good traction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am on P zeros now (run flat). These were good during the initial stages, however now its really noisy!
Anyone got any suggestions for any other tyres (not necessarily run flats) that are quiet?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pirelli Centuratos. They are non run flat and very quiet and smooth. I put them on my 2014 7 and loved them. Just got a 2017 7 and will be putting them on it as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am wondering.. Does anyone know if the EU ratings on the wheel hold any value. Considering that I am looking for quiet tyres.. The Goodyear and the Dunlop has good noise ratings. Anyone has any experience with this?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am wondering.. Does anyone know if the EU ratings on the wheel hold any value. Considering that I am looking for quiet tyres.. The Goodyear and the Dunlop has good noise ratings. Anyone has any experience with this?
Here is the link to the Pirelli's on TireRack. You can compare the noise and smoothness ratings with the other tires mentioned in this thread:

Link Here

·
Registered
77 Posts
Removed my staggered 20" Pirelli P Zero RFT package and installed 18" wheels with Continental SureContact RX a/s tires. Car is quiet now, better handling, etc. RFTs are just not worth the aggravation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts