Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like BMWUSA has relaunched the UDS/Autocross series again. Just signed up and looking forward to getting behind the wheel of an M340i in late August. What I didn't see were any UDS 'offers'. Typically a $1k rebate comes along with these events and since I'm in the market this year, was hoping that would be an added perk. Am I missing something or are they just not offering it this time around?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awesome. Looks like some are not yet open for sign-ups, but one can ask to be notified when they do. Wonder if any of that is dependent on local regulations with COVID and gatherings though. I suppose if they sanitize the cars and give out some BMW masks it should be good to go.

·
Expert on nothing
205 Posts
It might be difficult to seat 4 strangers together in an M340i during this pandemic even with masks.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I recently received an email regarding the cancellation of this year's Portland UDE:

Dear XXXXXXX,

After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that BMW of North America has decided to cancel the following 2020 BMW Ultimate Driving Experience event due to unforeseen conditions:

- September 25th – 27th, Portland

We thank you for your interest and hope to see you at another BMW event soon. For information and updates on future events, please visit: driving.bmwusa.com.

Visit your local BMW Center for more information on the full BMW lineup.

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Looks like some are not yet open for sign-ups, but one can ask to be notified when they do. Wonder if any of that is dependent on local regulations with COVID and gatherings though. I suppose if they sanitize the cars and give out some BMW masks it should be good to go.
Here's what they sent me after signing up. The big bummer is that there won't be instructors in the car with you. Probably no hot laps either...

SAFETY PROTOCOL
YOUR PEACE OF MIND IS OUR PRIORITY
BMW has always taken your health and safety seriously, and this year we'll be taking additional measures to be mindful of the current situation across the country.
- Wash Stations, disposable gloves, and wipes will be widely available at multiple touch points.
- Vehicle interiors will be wiped down between activities and frequently throughout the day.
- Space will be made for everyone to respect social-distancing guidelines.
- Check-in/registration will be entirely contactless.
- During events where BMW Professional Driving Instructors would normally be in the car with you, they will instead coach you via radio.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,554 Posts
The silver lining is you can now turn all the electronic nannies off. :bigpimp:

·
Porleau
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The silver lining is you can now turn all the electronic nannies off. :bigpimp:
Ha! At the previous events, rule #1 was not to change the dynamic settings, DSC, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts