BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched on this for a long time and have not been able to find an answer. I am hoping some of you might be able to help me....

I would like to get UGDO and also an autodimming mirror. I have a 325i and noticed that there is an autodimming UGDO mirror available for the coupe but not for the sedan. Does anybody know if this mirror will work on my 325i?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
It's actually for the convertible (and certain E65s; I was bidding on one on eBay). Add the right wiring harness (search; it's been covered a bunch of times) and it'll work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaz said:
It's actually for the convertible (and certain E65s; I was bidding on one on eBay). Add the right wiring harness (search; it's been covered a bunch of times) and it'll work.
Thanks. However, I have searched all over and can still not confirm this will work for my car. Everybody that has done it has a slightly different configuration.

On my 325i sedan, I have a rain sensor and alarm clown nose and want to get autodimming and UGDO in the mirror.

What I found out so far is that part# 51-16-7-028-444 has autodim, clown nose and UGDO. I think this mirror is officially for the E60. I opened my current mirror and the plug that is plugged into the current non autodim non UGDO mirror, has 10 pin holes, with 5 actually filled with wires.

Any further help with this is much appreciated, most importantly if 51-16-7-028-444 is the right part number...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.