BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ugh. Came out from work to a dead climate control.

1007 8
The buttons still light up with the headlights on, but apart from that, completely dead.

Guess I'll be calling the dealer again tomorrow. It's been *almost* 3 weeks since I've been there. :mad:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I guess you checked the obvious like fuses? Probably not something so simple...
Yeah.. Checked all fuses for AC, heater & blower. Didn't see a "climate control" fuse.
markl53 said:
I guess you checked the obvious like fuses? Probably not something so simple...
Apparently my car sensed that I was pissed at her...

Climate control works great today.
When the climate control was dead, can you actually change settings or does NONE of the button work but light up?
KrisL said:
Apparently my car sensed that I was pissed at her...

Climate control works great today.
G
Smells like the Final Stage Resistor to me. Do a search here. Plenty of posts on it. Simple DIY fix. The part is under $80, IIRC.
Completely dead other than the button-background lights illuminating. Display is dead.
The HACK said:
When the climate control was dead, can you actually change settings or does NONE of the button work but light up?
Seems that the FSR going bad causes the blower speed to not be adjustable.

I could be wrong..

Car is still under warranty, I've got an 8AM Monday appt with the local dealer. I'll cancel it early Monday morning if the problem does not reoccur before then.
TD said:
Smells like the Final Stage Resistor to me. Do a search here. Plenty of posts on it. Simple DIY fix. The part is under $80, IIRC.
Kris is right, resistor issues only affect the blower (this goes all the way back to the late 70s on BMWs)

My guess is that the control panel module is bad somehow. The lighting is completely independent other than the connector housing, it seems.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top