BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving from Hoboken to Morristown this morning along I-78 and the DOT was doing pothole repairs. What a joke, they use a shovel to throw untamped ashpalt into a hole off the back of a truck. Well, there were no cones set up so traffic was driving right through the repairs. A new M5 was in front of me and blasted my car with asphalt once its big tires and horsepower hit one of the repairs. My hood took a beating! :mad: I am soooo pissed, but this is the price one pays to live in the Garden State. :)

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
330soon2b said:
I was driving from Hoboken to Morristown this morning along I-78 and the DOT was doing pothole repairs. What a joke, they use a shovel to throw untamped ashpalt into a hole off the back of a truck. Well, there were no cones set up so traffic was driving right through the repairs. A new M5 was in front of me and blasted my car with asphalt once its big tires and horsepower hit one of the repairs. My hood took a beating! :mad: I am soooo pissed, but this is the price one pays to live in the Garden State. :)
:mad: Having traveled those roads and other roads in the NYC metro area, I know your pain! :mad:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Also, if one lives in the Garden State, one has the privilege of never getting one's hands dirty pumping gasoline. Instead, highly trained, courteous and competent attendants stand at the ready to pump gas for you. You can be certain they will never, ever overfill your tank and splash gas all over your paint; never accidentally chip your rear fender with the nozzle; never forget to return the filler cap and screw it on properly (praise to BMW for tethering the cap). Long live New Jersey. Of course, I am a former Massachusetts resident who has retired to South Carolina, and has had his share of the Garden State Parkway in his prior life.

·
VIII
8,087 Posts
jelliotlevy said:
Also, if one lives in the Garden State, one has the privilege of never getting one's hands dirty pumping gasoline. Instead, highly trained, courteous and competent attendants stand at the ready to pump gas for you. You can be certain they will never, ever overfill your tank and splash gas all over your paint; never accidentally chip your rear fender with the nozzle; never forget to return the filler cap and screw it on properly (praise to BMW for tethering the cap). Long live New Jersey. Of course, I am a former Massachusetts resident who has retired to South Carolina, and has had his share of the Garden State Parkway in his prior life.
We pump our own gas in CT. :thumbup: When we go to visit my wife's family in NJ, if I have to gas up there I always get out and do it myself. I don't give a flying **** what they have to say. I let them turn the pump on and what not :rolleyes: but when the nozzle comes near the car I just say "hand it over, NOW!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts