BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Boys and Girls, raised an earlier thread about a recurring DSC and Tyre Px msgs with occasional power loss and fuel msgs. Well after finally giving up and handind it over to my nearest dealership(it refused to go any further!) I found out the real problem was about a gallon of water in the container that houses the fuel relay(Green Relay as BMW calls it). The relay was submerged upside down in the water. The connector was cleaned and the container had a drain hole drilled in it. They suspect that this was caused by jet washers putting too much water px in that area. The container is just forward of the lower edge of the windscreen under the scuttle panel. It is sealed but only meant to be rain proof not pressurised water proof. £270 later fixed! Ouch but what a relief. will attach photos next!:)

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Hi Boys and Girls, raised an earlier thread about a recurring DSC and Tyre Px msgs with occasional power loss and fuel msgs. Well after finally giving up and handind it over to my nearest dealership(it refused to go any further!) I found out the real problem was about a gallon of water in the container that houses the fuel relay(Green Relay as BMW calls it). The relay was submerged upside down in the water. The connector was cleaned and the container had a drain hole drilled in it. They suspect that this was caused by jet washers putting too much water px in that area. The container is just forward of the lower edge of the windscreen under the scuttle panel. It is sealed but only meant to be rain proof not pressurised water proof. £270 later fixed! Ouch but what a relief. will attach photos next!:)
Whatsa px?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK pics as promised. Pic 1 shows location of container under triangular panel to right of gas strut. held in by 3 pull up clips. Pic2 showing cover removed and relay container next to brake fluid reservoir. Pic 3 showing top of container and ironically a warning symbol that means do not wash here. Pic 4 shows state of connector to relay(Part No.B61.36.8.373.700 RELAY(MINT GREEN). The white plastic carrier is fitted upside down,Connector facing down. Pic5 showing left over water in bottom of container! Moral of this story.....get your own bucket and sponge out!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally never wash engine bays, primarily to avoid this very scenario! I think the dealership where I bought it may have done it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P.S. A big thank you to all for advice and tips. Its a shame the car gave up before we had a chance to get near the real root cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts