BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a UK forum user please tell me if there is a way of retuning the NBT DAB radio in my December 2014 F10 530D. If so, how do I do it?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
From what I can gather it automatically returns as you move around. You may have an option in DAB under ensembles to station search. If not it will retune automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok - many thanks.

My DAB radio has been pretty good for the past 4 years. I usually listen to BBC Radio2 and BBC Radio5 Live and I have rarely encountered any reception blackspots - in the areas where I do most of my mileage there have been no dropouts at all.

However, since the beginning of December, on several occasions I have experienced stations dropping in and out over very short distances in areas where on others days reception is fine.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That is strange. There was a period recently where my car wouldn’t tune into any of the BBC TV channels. They just wouldn’t show but it eventually fixed itself. As for my DAB, I seldom notice any black spots but that may be because I listen to a local station as opposed to the National ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks again for your reply.

I've just been out to drop off my wife at her friend's house. The radio was tuned to BBC Radio2, and started dropping in and out more or less as soon as I got off the drive (the radio does switch to FM automatically), so I tried BBC Radio5 Live and that too was intermittent (the radio doesn't switch to FM as 5 Live is on MW). The RSSI in the display was switching between 1-2 bars and "No signal".

I have wondered whether or not it's a transmission problem.

It occured to me that other radio stations would probably use diffrent transmitters to those used by the BBC, and so I tried a few other stations. Smooth Hants & Berks (I live in Reading), Planet Rock, TalkSport, etc. were all fine and showing 5 bars on the RSSI shown in the display. I have since checked and it seems there are DAB broadcasting companies (other thank the BBC) that radio stations use to transmit their programmes, hence the potential for differing signal strengths from station to station.

I guess the BBC transmitter near Newbury might be operating at less than full strength?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts