BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some playlists organized for our trip and it got me thinking...what is on your Ultimate Driving playlist?

For me, the following songs really get me pumped up in the car:

• Oasis - Supersonic (can I ride with you, in your BMW?)
  • The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored (I wanna be adoreddddd)
  • Bloc Party - Helicopter (Weird Science Remix featuring Peaches) (are you hoping for a miracle?) the beat is killer!
  • Interpol - Obstacle 1 (she puts the weights into my little heart)

:sabrina:

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
If you're doing ED, Scorpions 'Blackout' album is pretty high up there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think U2

is hard to beat: Elevation, It's a Beautiful Day, Vertigo, City of Blinding lights etc. Chris Isaak's Heart shaped world is pretty good, too.

And a guilty pleasure I will only reveal here, to my closest friends: Kenny Loggins' Highway to the Danger Zone.:eeps:

·
3 pedals only!
2,713 Posts
There's always the old school.

Nothing says Germanic like Beethoven's 9th at 220 km/h.

·
I roll thusly
58 Posts
If you're going into Italy, drop a Dino song or two on there, just to complete the setting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you're going classical...

The William Tell Overature
The 1812 Overature
New World Symphony - 4th movement
Tocatta & Fuge
O Fortuna

I tend to like some good fast spanish guitar too...

·
Registered
107 Posts
smytheee said:
I'm getting some playlists organized for our trip and it got me thinking...what is on your Ultimate Driving playlist?

For me, the following songs really get me pumped up in the car:

• Oasis - Supersonic (can I ride with you, in your BMW?)
  • The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored (I wanna be adoreddddd)
  • Bloc Party - Helicopter (Weird Science Remix featuring Peaches) (are you hoping for a miracle?) the beat is killer!
  • Interpol - Obstacle 1 (she puts the weights into my little heart)

:sabrina:
All excellent choices, I would add in Sky Cries Mary - "Gone", it is a great driving song.

For something a little harder I love Superchunk's - "Precision Auto" with great lines like "do not pass me just to slow down, I have a precision auto"

And for a more mellow alt country trip throw in some Wilco- "Passenger Side", Son Volt - "Windfall", The Jayhawks - "I'd Run Away", Golden Smog - "Nowhere Bound" and of course if you are doing European Delivery you must have Crackers - "Eurotrash Girl"

Chris

·
Happily Driving
7,201 Posts
If you get lost, listen to "The Way" by fastball.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
There are few things I cannot listen to in the car - one of them is opera. Even the "modern", "consumer-like" albums like Barcelona are simply too intense for me, and they mess up my driving concentration. Some of the darker U2 on very rainy days can do that too... :)

Anything else is fair game - in Europe I also crank up the radio for a different sort of listening experience.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I prefer something a little on the heavier side when driving.

Anything off of AC/DC - Back in Black
Anything off of Breaking Benjamin - Saturate
Any Tool
Any Zepelin

For something a little more relaxing perhaps some Creeper Lagoon or Fleetwood Mac

Since I'll be in Germany how about 99 Lef Balon for good measure.

·
Scheiße!!!
1,135 Posts
coppertone said:
Since I'll be in Germany how about 99 Lef Balon for good measure.
LOL...I've actually got a clip of us driving on the autobahn and listening to it. If I have time, I'll put it up on google video.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chrisinvermont said:
All excellent choices, I would add in Sky Cries Mary - "Gone", it is a great driving song.

For something a little harder I love Superchunk's - "Precision Auto" with great lines like "do not pass me just to slow down, I have a precision auto"

And for a more mellow alt country trip throw in some Wilco- "Passenger Side", Son Volt - "Windfall", The Jayhawks - "I'd Run Away", Golden Smog - "Nowhere Bound" and of course if you are doing European Delivery you must have Crackers - "Eurotrash Girl"

Chris
superchunk! yes! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts