BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 1st bimmer ('04 330i zhp w/ 25K mi)in June and have been wondering what took me so long ever since! :D BTW, i'm coming up on the 7500 mi service interval-has anyone tried the Royal Purple synthetic (5w-40), and what is your opinion of the product. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
my330_zhp

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, and welcome to the club ! Have no fear, Royal Purple is good stuff.

Regards,
Bob

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,310 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bought my 1st bimmer ('04 330i zhp w/ 25K mi)in June and have been wondering what took me so long ever since! :D BTW, i'm coming up on the 7500 mi service interval-has anyone tried the Royal Purple synthetic (5w-40), and what is your opinion of the product. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
my330_zhp
Welcome to the "fest!"

I was introduced to Royal Purple by a friend of mine who is a Ferrari "technician" about 8 years ago. He swears by the stuff. On the E60 (5'er) forum about a month back there was a post about synthetics. I had posed a similar question in that forum about the use of Royal Purple and the reply said something to the effect that it was not "approved" for use by BMW. Apparently, Mobil 1 and Castrol synthetics are approved.

I figure that after the break-in period is complete, I will move to RP in my ride... :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the "fest!"

I was introduced to Royal Purple by a friend of mine who is a Ferrari "technician" about 8 years ago. He swears by the stuff. On the E60 (5'er) forum about a month back there was a post about synthetics. I had posed a similar question in that forum about the use of Royal Purple and the reply said something to the effect that it was not "approved" for use by BMW. Apparently, Mobil 1 and Castrol synthetics are approved.

I figure that after the break-in period is complete, I will move to RP in my ride... :thumbup:
Thanks for the input. I'll probably stick w/ using BMW's oil for the 7.5K interval change(s) until the manufacturer's warranty expires (currently at 25K). I just picked up 7qts of BMW 5W-30 from my dealership, so I'm looking forward to another DIY task this weekend. ;)I know I'll eventually swap to RP, but I simply wanted to get some feedback on everyone's experience w/ it's performance, and whether the extra coin/quart was worth it's weight (no pun). Curious to see the long term results over at E46 fanatics site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts