BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just got a call from the gentleman who owns the other M Coupe in the country (yeap, only 2 of them here including mine!). He has decided to track his car and race it locally. So, assuming a "wish list" for what to do, what would you do? Recall the car is Euro spec with the S50B32 motor (321hp) and Euro brake rotors are of course standard!

I imagine suspension is the first thing to be done. Ground Control Coil overs? spring rates anyone?
Wheels: 17 or 18"? Anyone know the correct offset to do this properly?
Interior: it will be completely gutted out, now to find a race seat that fits there (he is about 5'10, 200lbs). Halon fire system. Shift knob, pedals, etc.
Body: the rules down here dictate it has to be stock, or at least factory option, so not much to do there.
Engine: LWF, CAI, chip for 100 octane.
Tranny: I am going to tell him about Ron's 3.46 conversion. Will it take the abuse and hold up?

I saw a Japanese site that had a white M Coupe being converted for a track car (they did leave the stereo in there:yikes: ) Anyone know the site?

Lets see some serious opinions please.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Its not a S54 motor, its a S50B32 (1996-1999 Euro Spec 3.2L M motor). Karl A. has suggested other diff options, such as a 4.10 that we will look into. I have found the article on the Digi Tec M Coupe race car and I want to now get the specs on the Dinan M Coupe race car. :lmao:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Although I was not able to help the gentleman prepare his car for last weekend's event due to my wife's hospitalization:bawling: I heard from a good friend of mine that the man blew the engine :yikes: Apparently he went from 4th to 1st instead of 3rd :yikes: Oh well, I will soon start finding out what he is going to do after all.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Ouch . . .

A 4 to 1 downshift? :yikes: That's no bueno!

Wish him luck on his new 'project' car (now). :)

Keep us updated on the re-incarnation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He just has more money than brains or driving skills ;) I guess he was a bit too excited at the time :rolleyes: After all, the TV station he owns was filming the event and I guess he wanted to give them a good show :p

My wife has been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks as our twins want to come home earlier than expected. Since she will be in there for at least another 6 to 8 weeks :yikes: , I will just pass along the info on the Digi Tec M Coupe and the one in Japan. He can take it from there. Oh well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.