BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently purchased a 2013 328i m sport. Beautiful car however before purchasing didn't even check if car had the lighting package. I switched from Lexus and was under the impression that lighting package was standard. I came across some headlights that I am interested in purchasing from umnitza. I don't want some cheap looking headlights put on the car.
https://www.umnitza.com/angel-eyes-...ies/bmw-f30-led-headlight-dtm-angel-eyes.html

Has anybody bought from them before? And will I need to purchase new bulbs as well or does this come with everything I need?

Thanks_a_

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for response. It reads as follows:
STANDARD INCLUDES:
1 X Driver's Headlight
1 X Passenger's Headlight

4 X Orion LED V2 Style Angel Eyes Rings (DTM Flat Bottom)
Each headlight contains LED Philips/Osram or equivalent OE bulbs (these are not HX or 900X rebased)

All installs have been completely plug and play so far.
1 year warranty on Headlight (does not cover misuse, glass breakage, or turn signal holders)*

So I am guessing it has everything I need

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
It's a true LED kit. It's the complete setup.
Right now is probably the best time to purchase it because the factory has just finished production for the first time in months.
here are some photos of products that have been installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Thanks for response. How long does a typical install take? It runs about $80/hr for labor at a shop nearby.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why would you need to bake anything? This isn't a projector retrofit, these appear to be drop in LED assemblies.
Baking is the process used to open a sealed assembly for the purpose of modding it. Typically halogen reflector housings are baked then opened and an HID projector is retrofitted inside the old halogen reflector housing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Umnitza,
Your product looks great! Any plans to build these for W204 and W205 C-class? I think there is definitely a market out there for drop in LED that look and work like OEM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased some halo lights for a former car and they required baking so wasn't sure. Don't know much about lighting and modding. Thanks for the info!

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
we have a DIY video on www.youtube.com/umnitza - if you show it to them, they should charge you between 2-4 hours of labor at most.
Or you can DIY the bumper removal and then bring the car over to them for a lower labor charge because headlight removal is the hardest part since 2 bottom bolts require a high torque impact to remove due to loctite.

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Umnitza,
Your product looks great! Any plans to build these for W204 and W205 C-class? I think there is definitely a market out there for drop in LED that look and work like OEM.
there is probably not enough of a demand for it. We'd need over 200 pre-orders to get the mold started. Not saying no, just saying it's a high hurdle.

I purchased some halo lights for a former car and they required baking so wasn't sure. Don't know much about lighting and modding. Thanks for the info!
Some cars require this. correct. This car will not. however...see below.

Why would you need to bake anything? This isn't a projector retrofit, these appear to be drop in LED assemblies.
Baking is the process used to open a sealed assembly for the purpose of modding it. Typically halogen reflector housings are baked then opened and an HID projector is retrofitted inside the old halogen reflector housing.
Correct. However, we did/do have an alternative that we just completed for Chris S.
https://www.facebook.com/Umnitza/posts/10154297851754874

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
as of today, no BS, we have reserved quite a number, we expect to have them coming much faster.
We put that up as a way to let people know the factory is very very very slow, but right this minute, orders will probably take on the low side of two weeks delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay thanks for the quick responses. I will hold you to that as it is an expensive item and I have seen mixed reviews about the website. I will order tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts