Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased 2 sets of Umnitza LED Angel Eyes less than 2 years ago and one of the resistor went out. The LEDs are still working cause I switched them around to test. I have been emailing someone from Umnitza and they promise to sell me another resistor...but its been over 2 months and still waiting.

So, question is...do I HAVE to use their resistor or can I buy another one somewhere else?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
If its just a resistor and you know the specs, then, use a properly specced replacement.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,786 Posts
Umnitza was a kid in his parents garage back when they started in the 2000s.

Still have the exact same customer service processes.....

no idea what is inside that can...is it just a resistor? if so, just duplicate it.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
always went w mtecs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Umnitza will never send you replacements unless you are very active in asking and you are under their warranty period.
Nevermind, e-mail to these chinese guys: http://www.angelhue.com .They produce those LEDs and reistors and will help you with spares.
Umnitza is just a reseller of all these things.

btw.on an E70 it is better to downgrade to the older design (10W-XB or rebranded as DTEC H8 V7 64W) with only two LED chips on each strip, because it makes the rings lit more evenly. The brightness is acceptable in my opinion. The chips are placed better to emit more light into the outer ring while the inner ring isn't overlit. The E70 Hella design has its limitations and simply putting stronger bulbs in there does nothing more than put the appearance of both rings more apart.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Illpost a pic of mine w the mtecs, they look great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts