BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

So maybe I spoke to soon about loving my new 335d. I just took it in to get an emissions test and it won't pass :( I am a resident of VA. These are the codes I got back from the emissions tester.

U0106
P064C

I bought this car from a private seller off of autotrader in TX. I looked up the codes and I also read the emissions report sheet and the tester apparently can't communicate with the DDE. I have no check engine light when I switch on the ignition. I noticed a couple days ago right after startup the engine sometimes stutters a little bit but is fine after a few seconds. The codes tell me something is wrong with the glow plug module.

My question is: Did the previous owner somehow have the CEL coded out so it would never come on or is it just something as simple as replacing the glow plug module? If its the first answer then I have a much bigger problem on my hands. :mad:

Is there someone in the Washington DC metropolitan area that has a BMW INPA or a BMW ISID that I can use to scan the vehicle with? I am more than willing to pay for your time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Do you have a JB4 tuner installed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1. According to Bavarian Technic I should have a CEL illuminated.

2. it looks like the kombi has been tampered with because the sticker is broken. However when I pulled the cluster apart and looked at the circuit board everything looked fine

3. I tried activating all the yellow lights which would include the CEL but it doesn't light up

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
You did the cluster self check? And the SES light did not light up?

If someone tampered with that light and sold it to you like that, I'm pretty sure that's illegal and you could sue them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm wondering if I can just have it reprogrammed? The angel eyes are currently my DRL's which means the coding has been changed right? Because they aren't normally the DRL's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have those same error codes and no CEL. I know mine works because it was on and I just reset it after replacing my DEF tank heater. The light went off, but my code reader does show a yellow light so it won't pass emissions.

It's been very hot here this past week, but did notice the rough idle when first firing it up for a few seconds. I'm thinking the glow plugs control module has failed. Need to do more research. Any feedback on your solution would be appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts