BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2 days now, I have not been to lock or unlock th car. I think there is some electronic problems with the car, since none of the keys work.
Is this some thing I could fix myself?
Any ideas?

Thanks,:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
111 Posts
For 2 days now, I have not been to lock or unlock th car. I think there is some electronic problems with the car, since none of the keys work.
Is this some thing I could fix myself?
Any ideas?

Thanks,:dunno::dunno::dunno:
I had the same issue. I had to take it to the dealer and get the part replaced. Apparently he told me that its a known problem :tsk:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How muh did it cost to get it repaired?

Tnx.

·
Do you have Diabeetus?
110 Posts
I believe this is a no cost repair. I had a similar problem with one of my keys. After a period of time the code used by the keys to remotely open the doors will expire and render them useless. You should still be able to open the doors by inserting the key into the drivers side door and locking with the central button by the gear shifter (unless those aren't working either). If this is what is happening, you can take your car to the dealership and they should be able to reset the keys in a few minutes without charging you (if they do charge you they are ripping you off).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am able to unlock/lock the car by inserting the key in to the lock. Only the remote function is gone!
Do you still think that the keys nd to be resetted or do I need new keys?

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts