BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your help. I am a previously unsatisfied 2002 745i owner (long story, won't get into it, but you can imagine if you follow the 7's history). I have a scheduled Euro delivery of a 545i sports for June 20, 2005. I am debating if I want to change it to a 750i with sports for several reasons, including range (I drive a lot of miles), cupholders (sounds ridiculous, but is an issue on the 5er), the fact that the model is new and a 550 is coming soon (can't wait for delivery after June for it), and availability of cassette player (at least on 745, don't know if on 750i). My concern is the depreciation the 5 will take. Lease is not an option, since I drive over 20k miles a year. The main thing that prevents me from going with the seven again and what will make me decide one way or the other is the handling. How do you all out there think the handling of the 545 sports compares with a 745 sports, and how can we extrapolate this to the 750i sports, with the wider rear track and more powerful engine? WIll I be sacrificing a significant amount of handling? If the answer is a lot, then I will probably stick with the 5. If the answer is some, but not that much, then I will probably go with the 7. Any insight will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
2 things:

1) With respect to 545, If you drive 20k miles a yr, depreciation is a moot point.

2) Handling, both cars have active suspension, they will both handle as it its on rails. So take your pick.

Also, cross posting = spam ---------> NOT ACCEPTABLE :eeps: please don't do this in the future.

good luck,

beewang

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.