BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. To make a long story short (long version posted somewhere in the general BMW discussion forum) I ran over a dead deer and suffered some damage to the front bumper, foglights, and under-bumper stuff. My new problem is that I can't figure out what the heck the various plastic bits are so I can price and replace them! I've tried looking on realoem.com but that hasn't helped (guess I'm too dense for those exploded diagrams). Can anyone help me out on names or part numbers for what I need? Or steer me to a website or other resource which may help?

I've attached pictures of the damage. Basically, what I call the front air dam is cracked, and much of the skid plate (right behind/under the bumper and closest to the road) is missing. Also, there's a duct missing in driver's side fender that must have something to do with cooling the brakes... At least I know what the fog light and temp sensor are...

My car is a 1995 325iC. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on folks, please help out!! Does it help knowing that I'm a chick trying to learn how to DIY her own car rather than running off to a dealer? I know someone out there has replaced this same stuff and knows all about it...

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Hey we have the same car...

Going from memory as I had a similar front end issue. There are 5 parts that make up the front bumper cover and undertray. Its a fairly straight forward process to dissasemble and reassemble the front covers and undertray.

looks like the only parts you need are the undertray parts. That pointy thing hanging down is the air temp. sensor, you may want to unplug it to keet it from being damaged while you get the parts you need. Then reinstall when you are ready to fix the whole thing.

Someone with an ETK disc can provide the part numbers and schematic drawings.

You may want to buy a Bentleys repair manual if you want to do some work on the car yourself. Search ebay as used ones can be had on there for a reasonable price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts