BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know as a fact that in my country, certain models of BMW have electronically limited max speed as well as a few horsepower cut off to reduce import tax. (328i+, 528i+, M235i)

A local coder also claim to be able to remove the "locked" horsepower for a price through coding.

I'm wondering if it is in anyway possible to DIY code to released the limiter. I can't find a solution anywhere. Please note that this is not tuning to increase the horsepower, but rather remove the limiter in which the European car spec doesn't have. :cry:

·
BMW user
176 Posts
Its a hard job to do it in proper way because this functions is locked and you need to change your FA and power class and then program dde/dme with proper software and 100% need to open your ecu for this job

·
Registered
134 Posts
Its a lot easier you think,
if you do it in the first 10h hours before ecu is locked you can change powerclass, and flash via normal tal from 320i to 328i without open anything!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hello!

If the DME is under 10h (working time), open the CAFD of the DME and you can set the VMax in the time-limited sector from 250 km/h to 327 km/h via fdl-coding. This is only possible for DME, not for DDE. There's no entry >257 km/h in Vmax in a DDE.

CU Oliver

1 - 7 of 7 Posts