Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer today and talked to my client advisor for a while. Last week they get the official sales info on the E46 coupe and cabriolet for the second half of this year.

There is definitely no facelift planned for this year. To my question regarding the pictures on the magazine (which I posted last week) he said "Well, they want to push the sales a bit, nothing else. The bumpers are looking like aftermarket parts"

So there is no facelift. So we can relax now :D

Alex
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Should I still wait for 2004 to get my 330Ci then?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
The HACK said:
Should I still wait for 2004 to get my 330Ci then?
But then the 2005 models will be right around the corner. Better keep waiting. :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The HACK said:
Should I still wait for 2004 to get my 330Ci then?
LOL! It's like computers, eh ? If you wait for the next model, you can never buy one :D

I was at the dealer to talk about the details of my order :) Production will be scheduled for August/September. There will be a delay of about 6 weeks because of the special options. So it'll take about 4.5 months in total.

I'll post the details somewhere around in August/September :D
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
I'm ALMOST tempted to post this on bimmer.org and just sit back and watch the backlash...
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The HACK said:
I'm ALMOST tempted to post this on bimmer.org and just sit back and watch the backlash...
Check the top of the board at the Org.

You got your setup...

Fire away!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Alex Baumann said:


LOL! It's like computers, eh ? If you wait for the next model, you can never buy one :D

I was at the dealer to talk about the details of my order :) Production will be scheduled for August/September. There will be a delay of about 6 weeks because of the special options. So it'll take about 4.5 months in total.

I'll post the details somewhere around in August/September :D
So, you'll make us wait... :mad: :tsk: (J/K) :)
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALEX325i said:
So, you'll make us wait... :mad: :tsk: (J/K) :)
I left the dealer with three offers and among them is a CB M3 ;)

So stay tuned :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alee said:
I'm afraid you just blew my mind.
I'm sure you don't want to know the other two :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alee said:
M5 and Z8?
Aah! would be nice but out of my range... I'll stay with E46 :D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Aah! would be nice but out of my range... I'll stay with E46 :D
I was going to ask you if I could borrow some money if those were the other 2. :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alee said:
I was going to ask you if I could borrow some money if those were the other 2. :D
Hehe, so you can buy you an M3, no ? :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alee said:
Always thinking of your buddy across the water. :thumb:
Don't worry, I'll let you know if I win the lottery :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,487 Posts
Alex Baumann said:


I left the dealer with three offers and among them is a CB M3 ;)

So stay tuned :D
Oh, I see... CB M3 is the WTG, Alex. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,695 Posts
Well, they want to push the sales a bit, nothing else.



I'm not sure if I understand this quote-- it sounded like this was in direct response to you asking him about the pictures in Autocar. Did he mean that they want to push the sales by doing a minor change to the bumpers? Did he acknowledge that they were considering some of the changes depicted by Autocar and decided not do do them? Or, did he just mean "they want to push sales (just like any other company), but don't have any plans to change the product" meanikng that he didn't really answre your question directly...
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: UPDATE : Coupe/Cabriolet facelift

robg said:



I'm not sure if I understand this quote-- it sounded like this was in direct response to you asking him about the pictures in Autocar. Did he mean that they want to push the sales by doing a minor change to the bumpers? Did he acknowledge that they were considering some of the changes depicted by Autocar and decided not do do them? Or, did he just mean "they want to push sales (just like any other company), but don't have any plans to change the product" meanikng that he didn't really answre your question directly...
Nope, he meant that the magazine wanted to push its sales.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top