Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I noticed today that you can view the service history on the iDrive and I realised that the most recent one (last month) is missing. I have just rang and spoken to the dealer who said they can***8217;t put the service report on there because it has to be done by BMW. They told me to take the paperwork they had given me to BMW as proof of the service and that BMW would then update the iDrive with the service.

I have just rang BMW who said this is not the case as they would have to service it themselves before putting it on the iDrive.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I could now have to pay another £225 minimum to have bmw service it just so I can have all of the service history stored in the system ***x1f914;

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have wait for European, we don't get that over here.

Wait for what sorry?

I have the service history already on my iDrive and it shows BMW service reports from 2017, 2018 and 2019 but the service carried out in 2020 was not by bmw and so only came with a paper report. I just wondered if there was a way to have that history put onto my iDrive without having to go to bmw for another service but it***8217;s looking unlikely

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,052 Posts
Wait for someone from Europe that may know how to or if possible.
This is mostly a U.S. forum but there are a number from other countries that frequent it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,225 Posts
lol

I put all my service records into a file folder. BMW service, aftermatrket service, parts, amazon orders for oil filters, tires...alignment reports, etc etc. Each car has one.

The compulsion to have iDrive contain 'records' is utterly mindboggling. I am 100% serious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lol

I put all my service records into a file folder. BMW service, aftermatrket service, parts, amazon orders for oil filters, tires...alignment reports, etc etc. Each car has one.

The compulsion to have iDrive contain 'records' is utterly mindboggling. I am 100% serious.
I think it's a good idea. Everything is moving towards being digital/electronic now. I'm not a fan of masses of paperwork in general, but each to their own.

When I saw it was on the iDrive I thought it was a brilliant idea. If someone comes to look at your car to buy or you're looking at another to buy you don't have to bring all the documents along for them to look through you can literally just look yourself whilst checking out the car.

But it's not the end of the world I just wondered if I could put it on there. I'd be happy to either have them all on the iDrive or all as hard copies but it's a bit annoying having both. Like I said not the end of the world and I've just put it in a folder along with the rest of my car documents

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,497 Posts
lol. I put all my service records into a file folder. BMW service, aftermatrket service, parts, amazon orders for oil filters, tires...alignment reports, etc etc. Each car has one. The compulsion to have iDrive contain 'records' is utterly mindboggling. I am 100% serious.
+!

I note also businesses reluctance to conduct essential communication by electronic text for the ease with which it may be shared; with competitors, with attorneys, with skeptical public correspondents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol. I put all my service records into a file folder. BMW service, aftermatrket service, parts, amazon orders for oil filters, tires...alignment reports, etc etc. Each car has one. The compulsion to have iDrive contain 'records' is utterly mindboggling. I am 100% serious.
+!

I note also businesses reluctance to conduct essential communication by electronic text for the ease with which it may be shared; with competitors, with attorneys, with skeptical public correspondents.
I***8217;m happy to leave it as it is, just wondered if it was a possibility or not. I would have preferred it if all the service history reports were on paper rather than most of them being on the car and then one odd one being a hard copy but like I say it***8217;s no problem I just wondered if there was a way to put it on there for continuity.

I***8217;m just getting to know my new car that***8217;s all and finding out what things I can do on it

·
where da clutch at ?
2,713 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem is, I have the older one.

But I think your saying, that the dealer who serviced your car didn't update something so it will show on the idrive...
OK so the dealer has to put it on...

Did you pay for the service
Did a BMW dealer do it
Did somone else do it who was not BMW

If YOU paid for the service the person you paid HAS to do it
IF it was BMW dealer THEY have to do it

IF you did not pay for it and it wasn't through a BMW dealer.. wait till the next service

Unless I'm reading something wrong, I'm not seeing the problem

Hey everyone,

So I noticed today that you can view the service history on the iDrive and I realised that the most recent one (last month) is missing. I have just rang and spoken to the dealer who said they can***8217;t put the service report on there because it has to be done by BMW. They told me to take the paperwork they had given me to BMW as proof of the service and that BMW would then update the iDrive with the service.

I have just rang BMW who said this is not the case as they would have to service it themselves before putting it on the iDrive.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I could now have to pay another £225 minimum to have bmw service it just so I can have all of the service history stored in the system ***x1f914;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts