BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently took my 7 in for some warranty work. After receiving the car back and driving through traffic to get home I parked my baby in the garage. I normally lock the car with the FOB. When attempting this I get no blinking headlamps, no flash from the hazards, no chirp. While unlocking it all of what I just mentioned happens. I do this several times and with no success call the SA at the dealer. I explain to the SA what is going on. He comments "we can program your fob for you and have it do a number of things....for $190" I said I want it to work just as it did before I brought her in for service and remember this is CPO and there is a matianence warranty for the car. His response "Oh...I think we should schedule an appointment" he goes on to say that he thinks the software on the car was updated and they may have cleared any codes on the fob and took it back to default.

my question is have any of the peeps in bimmerfest land heard of something like this happening and what was the end result? And what little things can a programmed fob do that I need to know of

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When I first started programing and switched my car over to euro the chirp and blinking lights stopped working. But car still locked and unlocked. Sounds like maybe your lock button got messed up. When I first got my car the unlock button didn't work at all. I opened it up and the unlock button was no longer solder on to the board so I resoldered it and all works fine now

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first started programing and switched my car over to euro the chirp and blinking lights stopped working. But car still locked and unlocked. Sounds like maybe your lock button got messed up. When I first got my car the unlock button didn't work at all. I opened it up and the unlock button was no longer solder on to the board so I resoldered it and all works fine now
Thanx MakaveliFaison, but would updating software mess things up? and is there a way to retrieve the former programing?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has nothing to do with software!;)
Smbdy dropped your fob
Fix it if you are ok with soldering or send it to me and I can help.
Uf your car starts ok, it means ews module knows it's your key, lock unlock has nothing to do with it

·
jenkx
712 Posts
Wish I could help but I'm having a similar issue. I purchased a new fob from the dealer cuz the old one was going dead and not locking or unlocking the car. I figured the battery would not receive any charges. Since using the new key fob the doors do not automatically lock when start driving. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fob or is there some other was to set the car to lock the doors automatically when I drive off.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Like n60 said. You fob is most likely physically damaged in the inside. It most likely isn't programming. If it was, then your unlock button also wouldn't work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like n60 said. You fob is most likely physically damaged in the inside. It most likely isn't programming. If it was, then your unlock button also wouldn't work.
but is this something covered under the CPO or maintenence warranty?? I will be taking it in to the dealer today...just very wierd that it worked perfectly before service and now issues:mad:

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
The Dealer or anyone with " SSS Progman or NCSExpert " can program your remote to do a number of things. When the dealer updated your firmware, they simply did not reprogram your key functions back to the previous settings.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Even if its not covered, that's an issue that was nonexistent when you dropped the car off. They should fix it, they did it. If you drop your kid off with 2 arms I'm pretty sure your not gonna expect to pick him up with one and a half arms. If so, there's gonna be some explaining lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder if I have a same problem- both my remotes will not unlock the doors however they do lock, open trunk etc.??????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts