BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 645 into my friendly BMW Dealer to have them look at my slightly lagging iDrive system. They offered to upgrade the software but told me it would take a minimum of 5 hours of programing and there is no guarantees that the reprogramming would work the first time and would have to be rebooted and started again. If that happened the car would be in their possession over the weekend (they are closed over the weekend) and the reprogramming/booting would have to commence on Monday.

Does this sound right? Would the IDrive software update really take 5 hours of computer programming?

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
It can take a long time, I've heard of bmw keeping the car a whole day for a software update.

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
tbal is correcto. I can take a whole day because they re-program the entire ECU.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
Sunny come to think of it, its along weekend, i got screwed lol, theyre gonna have my car atleast till thurs next week! But as long as I get new lights, tires, i am happy lol

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
If i get the new headlights, i dont mind waiting at all ;) lol, that and the rough idle... Stupid check engine light is intermitent, it comes n goes, thus bmw cannot scan it! grrrr

bateman, noo i wish lol, they just replacing with the standard 645 lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my car back from service who did the iDrive Software update. They definitely updated the system because the CD player plays MP3 CD's (now i can upgrade to the ipod hook up) but how do i know if they completely updated the IDrive software? Any physical changes i would see to determine i'm not still running the software that came with it in 2005?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No charge, it was covered under warranty. I hope they upgraded it because i can't seem to notice anything different. Anybody know of the differences to the software upon upgrade?

·
Registered
304 Posts
One guy said the Nav display looked like it had more contrast?

New lights under warranty...what happend to the old ones Tbal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts