BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Updating my maps from Europe to Australia

958 0
I bought my 2016 i3 in the UK a couple of years ago, while living in France. Since then I used it for touring all around France and also managed a huge road trip around the UK (more than 3700KM). I have now moved back to Australia and brought the car with me. I had so many issues transferring ConnectedDrive that in the end the only option I had to keep most of my services was to keep my French account. Consequently my maps subscription would not let me get the Australian maps. The only way I could get local maps was to go to a local dealer and give them a large pile of money, my left arm and first born to get Australian maps installed.

After a lot of research of alternatives I contacted BimmerTech to see if they could help. The guys I chatted with on the web site were very helpful and confirmed that they could provide me with Australian maps. I placed the order on their site for considerably less than what the dealers were charging and a package containing the USB key and instructions arrived about a week later. The instructions were very simple and 10 minutes after plugging the USB into the car I had local maps :)

If you need new maps for your BMW and don't want to pay the extortionate prices that the dealerships charge that I would highly recommend you order from BimmerTech. I am very happy with my purchase and dealings with them and will certainly be using their services again the next time I need to upgrade my car.

Here is the link to what I purchased. https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-i3/navigation-map-update-2018-2019