BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer a few basic questions for me regarding my navigation system maps for my 2012 528 xi.
I have only one disc drive, 2 USB ports. My local BMW wants $375 to upgrade my maps to the current version!!!:mad:

After doing a bit of research, I am more confused now than I was when I started. Can this be done with discs from Ebay even if I have only one CD drive? I have an external CD drive for my computer...can I use that patched into the USB drive?

Do I need a code? What does that do?

Any advice and counsel is welcome.

Matt:p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Follow this tread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865214
Pay $50 and activation code and files will be provided to you with installation instructions. Installation takes ~40min and can be done while driving somewhere.

Can anyone answer a few basic questions for me regarding my navigation system maps for my 2012 528 xi.
I have only one disc drive, 2 USB ports. My local BMW wants $375 to upgrade my maps to the current version!!!:mad:

After doing a bit of research, I am more confused now than I was when I started. Can this be done with discs from Ebay even if I have only one CD drive? I have an external CD drive for my computer...can I use that patched into the USB drive?

Do I need a code? What does that do?

Any advice and counsel is welcome.

Matt:p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts