BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to copy their navigation disc to to a pc then explored the disc image and then inserted speed cameras in the POI section, burn the disc off again the try it in the car?

·
Registered
542 Posts
ive seen people on x5world discuss/do this... but no one here... at least not yet.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I like to speed???:rofl: Im also clueless...

·
Registered
173 Posts
what are speed cameras ?
If it's the same thing that we had in Charlotte, NC they are cameras that are mounted on traffic lights at intersections. The camera clocks your speed, take a photo of your license plate, and you are politely mailed a speeding ticket to your address. I think a lot of people that were getting the tickets claimed they were not driving and it was also expensive to keep the system going so I believe Charlotte did away with system.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I dont think thats what he meant?? But maybe. Those are traffic cameras, we have them In the city too, I get mailed a surprise every now and then..:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Speed cameras are kinda like the red light cameras at intersections except they are posted on the side of the road/highway and check ur speed. if ur speeding, they take a pic of ur plate and send u the ticket. i havent seen them in california, but i did see them when i was in england.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
In most cities where I've seen them, they usually post a sign warning of the use of "photo enforcement" before you reach the intersection.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, i didnt realise that in america you may have a different system to us, over here in the uk we have yellow cameras called GATSO`s situated on main roads and where speeds change say from 60mph down to 40mph in order to catch you out, we also have TRUVELO`s which are blue and SPECS which they put on our motorways, SPECS take a picture of every vehicle that passes and say 5 mile down the highway you will pass another SPECS that takes your picture again, it then works out if youve been speeding between the two of them by the time its taken you to go from the first camera to the second, VERY VERY Naughty !!! we also have traffic light cameras that catch you if you jump a red light, Speed cameras are basically everywhere over here...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theres a website called pocketgpsworld that has an update every month of all the new cameras that have been installed, any tempory ones that have been put up or removed for instance by road works, but they also put up the main frequent locations of where the police will be with their mobile radars. All the info is gathered by people like myself who upload the locations onto the website and then you can download the file and update you sat nav, ie, tomtom etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I notice that someone had put a 2008-1 NAV DVD of europe onto the net which had been moddified with all the cameras throughout europe, i downloaded it but then realised that my system was the CD type. So my initial quote was to see if anyone had done this with a cd version.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts