BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around at ways to give my 2009 328xi a few extra hp. I was wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket cold air intake and could tell me if you can feel any difference in power or if it would be mostly just a sound increase. Even if it would just be an increase in sound I would probably still do i would like to hear from other people who have it done!

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I have been looking around at ways to give my 2009 328xi a few extra hp. I was wondering if anyone has installed an aftermarket cold air intake and could tell me if you can feel any difference in power or if it would be mostly just a sound increase. Even if it would just be an increase in sound I would probably still do i would like to hear from other people who have it done!
Don' bother

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
Or you can do the same mod that I did: drive the car for 3 years, enjoy it, and save for a 335i.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or you can do the same mod that I did: drive the car for 3 years, enjoy it, and save for a 335i.
You know it's funny because that is exactly what I am doing right now. I test drove a 335 a couple weeks ago and the acceleration has been stuck in my head and I am dying for a few extra horse power and wanted to know if I could get anything done for without breaking the bank

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
You know it's funny because that is exactly what I am doing right now. I test drove a 335 a couple weeks ago and the acceleration has been stuck in my head and I am dying for a few extra horse power and wanted to know if I could get anything done for without breaking the bank
My E90 was nice. I really enjoyed it. But when I finally got my coupe, I got a loaded one, then added a JB4. The power is intoxicating! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My E90 was nice. I really enjoyed it. But when I finally got my coupe, I got a loaded one, then added a JB4. The power is intoxicating! :)
Im jealous. Yours looks like a beauty. I love the rims too, I've been looking at some but they are so expensive. I think I'm just going to save up for a 335 instead of buying things to make my 328 seem more like one lol

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
Im jealous. Yours looks like a beauty. I love the rims too, I've been looking at some but they are so expensive. I think I'm just going to save up for a 335 instead of buying things to make my 328 seem more like one lol
Thank you. Like I said, I lusted for a 335 during the entire time I had my E90, but it was a great car, which I really enjoyed. It made the wait endurable!

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Intakes on these cars are just noise makers. You do gain an increase in throttle response from the higher flowing filter element. However you can achieve that same benefit from a drop-in filter from aFe or K&N without the added noise/cost.

Depending on your model and what motor it has, you can look into doing a 3 stage manifold conversion along with a tune. That is only worth while mode for this model that will gain reasonable results for the money spent. You can do the conversion with used parts for under $1200.

Other than that, there is not much to gain power-wise on this motor unless you want to dish out 5k+ for an ESS supercharger install.

·
Evil cider brewer
22,845 Posts
Thought that I would show you what I had to drive for 3 years before I got the 335. Here they are together, before I sold it:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.