BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first post here bit a real important one. I have just upgraded my 2008 325 headunit to an Pioneer AVIC and everything webt fine. Until i started reversing and noticed that i can no longer hear my parking sensors. Reading around it looks like on the BMW Professional stereo the parking sensors play through the rear speakers.

Does anyone know ANY way of getting the beeps back without putting it back to factory. This is reallly important as i have just spent 900 pound getting it all custom installed.

Any help what so ever would be grreat

Thank You

·
Registered
653 Posts
The stock amplifier _may_ have separate inputs from parking distance control unit. If you "upgraded" to the new amplifier, you probably lost that capability. If that's the case, you should find a way to use a power amplifier that you will feed from your stock amplifier.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If the new unit is MOST-based and is specifically designed for BMW, there should be a way to have the sounds back. Otherwise - no. I doubt there are any analog inputs in the stock head unit for anything other than AUX signal in the armrest box - it is all digital these days. In new BMW, MB (and likely other makes) the standard used is MOST which uses a fiber-optic bus to connect devices to each other.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I assume the OP had no iDrive ? I understand iDrive integrates thru MOST bus.
What you can do is since the parts dept/ dealer installed rear license PDC uses a separate sounder that mounts behind the seats so it might be possible to buy just the sounder and wire it to (beeper speaker unit) from the PDC module located near the bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have just spoken to the company that fitted my pioneer unit in the car (Carisma Automotive) and they think they have found a way around it. I will keep this thread updated with any progress for anyone with the same issue.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Looks like ill have to go looking for a speaker unit then and wire it to the PDC module. Anyone have any ideas where i could buy one of them?
let me know if you still need help. I've been talking to one guy who upgraded all audio on his 325, so PM me if you need his contact. he is in UK too so he might advise you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, so heres the deal. Had my car in for a day at Carisma they fitted an "interface" which then allowed the parking sensors to work. Aparently there was 12 wires in total that needed fitting but not too complex. Sound now comes out of a speaker behind my head unit rather than the car speakers. All works great :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts