BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can members recommend possible upgrades to a standard radio. I'm thinking in terms of speaker replacement and other enhancements short of replacing the actual radio. I bought the ipod adaptor. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to bimmerfest!

On the speaker and sound quality upgrade front an upgrade can be realized for both those owners with Standard and Logic 7.

Your OEM drivers in the E90 vehicles are not of subpar quality like it has been in previous model BMWs. They did a decent job on the actual componets that make of their drivers. Rubber surrounds and using aluminum on the midrange and tweeter. This helps them not blow as was the previous problem but does not lend well to them in terms of sound quality. The OEM drivers do not produce a flat and natrual frequency response which to most ears equate to poor sound quality and what one would call a choppy frequency response.

Our BSW mid drivers feature a curvilinear cone construction, rubber surrounds and a fiberglass composite cone. Our tweeters are made of a silk material. This combination leads to a flat frequency response that is very natural and very smooth. This equate to sound quality that the end user can experience.

The OEM amp is often blamed for the real reason for the lack of sound quality. However if we can address the glaring issues with the OEM drivers we can realize an upgrade. The factory amp while not of a sound quality competition level it does posses decent output and paired with the right drivers does have the sound quality that many owners are looking for.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Put replies to all the questions into one long post. Let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Here is a link to the speaker upgrade:
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/594/174/BMW-Speakers-Upgrade-3-Series-M3-E90/

We also offer a 100% Stealth Subwoofer Upgrade which is on sale for 200 dollars off!!!
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/682/196/BMW-Subwoofer-System-E90-E91-E92/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts