BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2009 bmw 335i with the xenon light package, but the angel eyes are yellow. The new 2011 models have a bright blue angel eye package and thats the look I want for my car. I want to know what i can do to upgrade my angel eyes without voiding any warranty on my car....Anyone with any info please help out. I have my aim and skype screen names in my profile....Thanks in advance

·
Nerd
1,149 Posts
Tons of threads on this.
Your options are a
1)plug and play LED option-LUX 5.0 arguably the best for this group but even then it isn't as bright. About $200 I believe.
2)Complete LED upgrade which involves sending your headlamps out. It's very expensive but will get you a similar look to the current LED lights. The company is called OSS.

·
Old Timer
110 Posts
Hmm. I didn't know 2011s have blue angels. Never thought they would do it since a lot of people have concerns for being pulled over for "using law enforcement color (blue)" Anyone have pics?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
647 Posts

·
Nerd
1,149 Posts
Hmm. I didn't know 2011s have blue angels. Never thought they would do it since a lot of people have concerns for being pulled over for "using law enforcement color (blue)" Anyone have pics?
I've seen 3 so far(yeah Norcal...BMWs are everywhere).
A new 535i, a 335is and a new 328i coupe.

They have a brilliant white angel halo, brighter than any of the aftermarket LEDs I've seen. There is only a slight hint of blue. It is mostly white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for the replies. Im going to start my research and keep u posted with pics when i get the job done.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
In my opinion, the blue is awful. Im disappointed BMW chose to do that on the LCI coupe.. Im not all that impressed with the LCI E92..

White is right

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Does the 2011 sedan also have the blue halos like the coupe? Or was it only the LCI coupe that go the upgrade?

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Does the 2011 sedan also have the blue halos like the coupe? Or was it only the LCI coupe that go the upgrade?
Not sure on whether they changed the '11 from the yellow but the F10 has white halos..
Maybe BMW thinks its a younger crowd thing?

Perhaps it is a 2011 thing because I found a thread that was a 2010 coupe and the pics make the angel eyes look white, maybe its just in pictures..
I saw a 2010 5 series and possibly a 2011 coupe?

All in due time

·
Only in America
106 Posts
So I hear Weisslicht has some new white LED angel eye upgrades coming out in a few weeks for the E90 LCI xenon headlight models. (I have a brand new 2011 335i E90 - and they have the yellow halogens). I'm excited to try these new bulbs and hope they work ok for a nice white look. I'm actually somewhat happy with the angel eyes in the daylight - DRL mode. Its at night when the headlights are on that they look really yellow - when they are dimmed. I"m hoping these solve the problem!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts