BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefinedundefined
Hey whats up every one..I was just wandering..I have a 328i e36 1997 bmw..I heard that my car you cant put a chip in it but is there anything else you can do..My friend told me that you can reprogram the ecu or something like that but where can i do that??Any one know any thing about this??

~Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
355 Posts
Currently if you have STOCK parts, its not recommend you chip it. Because it doesn't really help you at all.

Here my suggestion for you to build your 328 into //M killer.

First let start with your car and very important. Is your car manual or auto.

Let's start with Manual transmission. Your current diff seat a 2.93 Open and is made by GM ( I know they're crapy). You want to chunk that crap and upgrade to 3.15 LSD or even better 3.23LSD. Price is around 300-800. 3.15LSD you can get those from early 1994-1995 325's or any manual //M. 3.23LSD comes from Auto //M and can only be found between 1997-1998. This mod will give you 1/4 action and can beat most car off the line

Auto we apply the same principal but if you upgrade the differntial it would be a 3.91LSD because your stock is 3.91OPEN. You can find this on the 1993-1995 318's or some 325's

M50 intake manifold conversion. You will find the this intake manifold on a 1992-1995 325 or 1995 S50 //M. This is by far, bang for the buck upgrade and your car will be screaming toward the redline FAST. Increase HP about 10-15HP

S52 //M cams will net you another 10-15hp and also another bang for the buck upgrade.

You should also upgrade on the Exhaust system and Air Intake system, also.

Now with all those upgrade you can now get a chip custom burnt for your car. Couple of performance shop does that are AA, Jim Conforti, etc...

With those upgrade, you CAN and WILL beat stock //M's all day long. Ask me how I know :angel:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.