BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
bring out the holy grenade....oops meant pressure tester. dont overlook possible leaking from the two plastic hoses under the intake manifold, one joins the head on the front driver side of it, looks like its be a very possible source of what youre seeing.
Those are the only hoses I did not refresh. I would have to take off the intake manifold to be able to see it? Could it be possible that coolant from there could somehow make its way to be sprayed onto the air intake and power steering reservoir? I would have to get a pressure tester and learn the procedure for that. I guess you don't have to drain the coolant to do it. Just attach it to the over flow reservoir.

·
Wingnut
5,183 Posts
yes there are adapters for the expansion tank...follow the instructions and dont overpressure. the tube with the closest proximity to what youre seeing is on the drivers side, just behind the VANOS, its visible where its connected to the head. but either way, a pressure tester is about the best way to locate a slow coolant leak.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts